CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

The Egg Watch Continues . . .

Old 07-17-2016, 11:00 AM   #91
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Beyond cute, Axis. There is nothing, I mean nothing in the entire universe cuter than pippy snakes! That's hyperbole, btw, but I don't care 'cause it's true!
I TOTALLY agree!!!

Old 07-17-2016, 11:06 AM   #92
DollysMom
Awwwwww. Cuteness overload, lol!

Old 07-17-2016, 11:13 AM   #93
DLena
Gees, I didn't realize just how little the eggs and pippies were until your hand shot. They are so little! Doesn't your heart just swell seeing them finally arrive? I think I'd have to cry. Little tiny babies.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:26 AM   #94
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
So how are you going to keep track of the squiggles? Names, numbers, microchips?
Maybe tags?

Only kidding, of course, but that's a great question and one I HAVE been thinking of, since tomorrow does make a week for the first 2 or 3. But for now, as long as they are separated into their own deli cups (did I mention the fortune I've been spending since I stopped cohabbing ALL of my little sneaky ones?), I figure I can name them as names come to me. The striped one is ALREADY named "Kinky" in the Brooklyn tradition which has kept us guineas LOADED with monikers for over a hundred years (I have THREE, one of which I THOUGHT was my REAL name for the first 4-5 years of my life on this planet, until I was rudely educated by a nun who looked like a gigantic penguin when I refused to answer to my real name during her taking of "attendance" one morning in school - did I mention that I was a Recovering Catholic?).

But now that we're discussing it, I think I will just have stickies with numbers affixed to each container until I do come up with names, just for record-keeping purposes with an accompanying log.

Thank you for putting me to WORK on this peaceful Sunday morning!! (My wife is already giving me that "look!" I LOVE my dolly, I REALLY do, but her ophidiophobia DOES sadden me a little, at times. However, remember that balance of give & take and Yin & Yang I just recently spoke about in one of my posts?)

Check out the next post for one thing we DO have in common when it comes to pets. They certainly DO provide a welcome buffer and a wonderful distraction when my dolly does see me handling one of my snakes, ESPECIALLY Bozo, who recently had a 61 gram small rat and has an 80 gram one in the freezer for next week's meal! He's gotta be about 900 grams right now and she does make a quick U-turn if she sees me holding him while cursing under her breath in Sicilian (which, if anyone knows any Sicilians is like speaking out loud!).

Oh well, gotta take the good with the bad, no?

Old 07-17-2016, 11:33 AM   #95
axis1
Guido & Nubia!!

Here's one of my techniques for my wife's ophidiophobia. (Being a psychotherapist by profession for at least 12 of my 25+ years of working with people, I can assure you that while phobias are one of the only real curable illnesses that, in her case, a cure is an unrealistic expectation!!).

These two furballs do the trick for us, as sure as there is light in the day!!

Old 07-17-2016, 12:48 PM   #96
DLena
Are they sibs? I see Tabby stripes beneath the black. Tabbies are my favorite. They are very sweet cats.

Old 07-17-2016, 03:46 PM   #97
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
Are they sibs? I see Tabby stripes beneath the black. Tabbies are my favorite. They are very sweet cats.
They are brother & sister, but as far as breed, not sure. They were both saved from being frozen to death this past winter during a particularly bad cold spell (ya ever notice no one ever talks about global warming when the wind chills are sub-zero?). They were part of a feral colony, though you wouldn't know it if you interacted with them now! Only one other sibling wasn't malleable enough to be adopted or we would have had three instead of two!! If the cold didn't get them, something else would've because they were in a real bad part of the South Bronx and came to us by way of an animal rescue team. Guido looks like a tuxedo kitty & Nubia appears like a Burmese mix as she's totally black with an undercurrent of sable. They were observed being nursed by their mom together so they ARE siblings! They are GREAT kitties and keep me hopping! Guido usually wakes me up at 4am (for HIS food and MY morning run!!) by jumping up on my chest and licking my face because he thinks he's a dog! (Shhh! I'm NOT telling him he's NOT yet!).

Besides for seeing each other from a fair distance, the pussies & the sneaky ones have NOT formally met and I'm thinking of keeping it that way!!

They are a cute bunch, ALL of 'em!!!!

Old 07-17-2016, 05:25 PM   #98
DollysMom
Yeah, snakes and cats are not a good mix. Keeping them separate is s good plan. A snake, especially a small one is at best a kitty toy, at worst kitty food.

Your brother cats are adorable. I'm so glad you adopted them. Two cats are actually easier than one in my experience because as long as they arrive together or are introduced properly they become buddies and entertain each othert. I miss not having cats and dogs, but not too much since I have great snakes!

Old 07-17-2016, 09:33 PM   #99
axis1
Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Yeah, snakes and cats are not a good mix. Keeping them separate is s good plan. A snake, especially a small one is at best a kitty toy, at worst kitty food.

Your brother cats are adorable. I'm so glad you adopted them. Two cats are actually easier than one in my experience because as long as they arrive together or are introduced properly they become buddies and entertain each othert. I miss not having cats and dogs, but not too much since I have great snakes!
Sorry. I thought it was only dogs you couldn't have. To be w/o either would drive me nuts and I would need 1000 snakes! But that's because I'm as crazy as a loon! Probably crazier.

You hit it on the head w/kittens needing each other also. They are WAY too energetic to be alone when they are young. Our kitties were only 4 months old when we got them in February. That makes them about 9 months now and the increase in body weight now makes it sound as if a locomotive goes CRASHING through our apartment several times each morning, noon, AND night! But I don't think I'd want it any other way! Then again, it is a trade-off, as are MOST things in life!

Old 07-17-2016, 09:59 PM   #100
DollysMom
That first year with a kitten is non-stop. Then suddenly they decide that slowly surveying the catdom while perched in their favorite spot while you deliver the cat food, is their role in life!

As to 1000 snakes, your not there yet, but you've made a good start, lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google