CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Scarlet king snake in the garage

Old 09-18-2017, 12:36 AM   #1
Rich Z
Scarlet king snake in the garage

I went over to the garage late tonight, as I needed to charge up some batteries for my lawn maintenance equipment, and it turned out to be a lucky thing for this little scarlet king snake that was in there. I have a dehumidifier running 24/7 in the garage, so any animals that get in there that can't find their way out, will dehydrate pretty quickly. So quite likely I would have found this one all shriveled up and dead in the middle of the floor by tomorrow.

Anyway, sorry about the really poor quality of these images. I wanted to use my Fuji camera body with my Nikon macro lens and forgot that I had set it to programmed mode instead of aperture priority at f22. So consequently depth of field just really sucks. It's been a good year or so since I used this camera and forgot that I had changed the settings in order to compare the results with what I was getting from a couple of newer cameras I have gotten. But I guess poor pics are better than no pics sometimes. There aren't any do-overs with this, because I released the critter and it vanished into the pine needles and is gone.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:04 AM   #2
Twolunger
I have been looking for the scarlets for a long time. I have only found them dead on the road. I should go out looking at night, but the mosquitos would draw so much blood I'd need a transfusion when I got home.

Any word from Nanci? Hope she is okay and has power.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:25 PM   #3
DollysMom
What a beautiful little snake, Rich. I'm so glad you found him in time. Thanks for the pictures. They are still nice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google