CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Corn snake breeding tips needed

Old 03-24-2003, 02:05 PM   #1
al_kh89
Unhappy Corn snake breeding tips needed

hi im new to this
im soon to get a snake and want to breed them just as i breed geckos. can you keep a male and female corn snake in the same cage? it will be a very big cage i just need to know wether theyd eat each other
- aaron

Old 03-24-2003, 02:35 PM   #2
drizzt_19
Welcome to the forum

I would recommend that you get yourself a corn snake manual from Kathy Love..Keeping corns together is a trick question that all boils down to your own personal preferences..Sometimes corns can live together and have no problems.. Other times one of the corns may get stressed and not wanna eat..

Also corn snake cannabalisim is very rare in adult corns..

I would not recommended housing hatchling corns together as there is a possibility of the female becoming gravid at to young of an age which can cause possible harm to her since she is so little...

Again I strongly recommend you get the corn snake manual..However, If you do decide to put them together make sure you have plenty of hides in the tank..I would go with at least two hides at each end of the tank..

Remember, these are going to be your corns do what you think is best for them..If they seem happy together then leave them together..If one seems to be stressed then you may have to separate them..Happy Herping..

This is just my opinion on keeping corns together..

HTH,
Drizzt

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google