CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Different looking Blizzard

Old 06-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #11
Weebonilass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, I guess my philosophy is somewhat different from a lot of people. I don't breed snakes primarily to sell. I breed them because I want to produce interesting animals. When something new hatches out, I don't see dollar signs dancing before my eyes. I see the potential for a whole new world of possibilities that just opened up. Doesn't mean it will actually work out that way, but I can hope....

And I know the best way to produce that 1 in 1,000 animal is to actually produce 1,000 animals. My luck just isn't good enough for me to just depend solely on it. So I roll a LOT of dice to compensate. So if I AM lucky, I get my 1 in 1,000 and also 999 that I can sell off to pay for that effort I made.

Fortunately I have been able to make a living by selling those animals I do not want to keep.

Now, that's not to say that someone throwing me REALLY BIG BUCKS for something wouldn't get my attention.
Rich,

Nothing wrong with that philosophy... though it does drive me a little nuts when you can't remember where you put them a year down the road

Old 06-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #12
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
It looks yellow, or more exactly, very, very faint apricot or orangey yellow to me. The eyes are way different.
Remember that it hasn't had it's first shed yet. So color right now is not going to be very accurate as to what it really looks like. I guess I'll get some pics next week and we'll see what it looks like then. I'm kind of half expecting it to gain normal coloration and then look just like all the rest of them. I certainly wouldn't be surprised by that happening....... Lord knows how many Amelanistic Okeetees I had years ago that didn't have much color when they hatched out, but then grew into it when they got some age to them...

Old 06-24-2008, 06:37 PM   #13
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebonilass View Post
Rich,

Nothing wrong with that philosophy... though it does drive me a little nuts when you can't remember where you put them a year down the road
LOL!! Yeah, I hear you. But I get some real shockers when I go through animals I haven't seen for a couple of years to line them up on the breeding roster for the coming Spring. I need those pleasant surprises every now and again to keep me going.........

Old 06-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #14
ghosthousecorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebonilass View Post
Rich,

Amen to that, I've been dying to see an update pic of that one hypo cinder.
At least Rich makes up for it by producing new "Wow" animals like this one every year. To me it looks like it just has no pigments - a true albino. Those clear eyes are freaky.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #15
Nanci
Quote:
Remember that it hasn't had it's first shed yet. So color right now is not going to be very accurate as to what it really looks like. I guess I'll get some pics next week and we'll see what it looks like then. I'm kind of half expecting it to gain normal coloration and then look just like all the rest of them.
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened, either EXCEPT the eyes are so different- hopefully that means the whole pigment scheme is, in fact, different.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #16
Voodoo
Wow! Cool little snake! Seems like I saw something similar on some other web site about two years ago. The breeder was calling it a Transparent Corn. If I remember the site where I saw that, I'll come back and post it.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #17
SnakeCreations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli173 View Post
It's refusing to be pink like it's sibs, sweet!
LoL a Rebel !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened, either EXCEPT the eyes are so different- hopefully that means the whole pigment scheme is, in fact, different.
I'll second that - and I think it looks 'greenish' too!

can't wait to see what that one does!

-Tonya

Old 06-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #18
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
Wow! Cool little snake! Seems like I saw something similar on some other web site about two years ago. The breeder was calling it a Transparent Corn. If I remember the site where I saw that, I'll come back and post it.
You did. I remember it too. It didn't survive if my memory serves me right.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #19
dionythicus
I remember that as well. It did not survive. I hope this one does!!

Old 06-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #20
El Jefe
Quote:
Yeah, I guess my philosophy is somewhat different from a lot of people. I don't breed snakes primarily to sell. I breed them because I want to produce interesting animals. When something new hatches out, I don't see dollar signs dancing before my eyes. I see the potential for a whole new world of possibilities that just opened up. Doesn't mean it will actually work out that way, but I can hope....

And I know the best way to produce that 1 in 1,000 animal is to actually produce 1,000 animals. My luck just isn't good enough for me to just depend solely on it. So I roll a LOT of dice to compensate. So if I AM lucky, I get my 1 in 1,000 and also 999 that I can sell off to pay for that effort I made.

Fortunately I have been able to make a living by selling those animals I do not want to keep.

Now, that's not to say that someone throwing me REALLY BIG BUCKS for something wouldn't get my attention.
I like your way of thinking. I'm close to that philosophy but I need to tweak it a little more....got a few things sitting around here that don't do much for me anymore but they sure do sell well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google