CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Different looking Blizzard

Old 06-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #21
cornmorphs
i'll have to keep an eye on this one, could be yet another interesting snake.
great stuff Rich, keep em rollin dude

Old 06-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #22
stephen
Cool!

As mentioned, the eyes are even way different then the rest! Thats got still look different after it sheds.Whatever it is, it sure is cool looking! WTG Rich! I think hatching those wierd looking animals is what has kept me going so long!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:29 PM   #23
Eli173
The "clear" snake a few of you refered to popped into my mind as well but didn't want to jump the gun. Here is the websight with the info on it.
http://www.cornsnakemorphs.com/projects.html

Old 06-26-2008, 01:25 AM   #24
Rowdy
Very nice Rich, Translucent comes to mind Sure looks like it Dragons,Chameleons,Geckos
why not Corns?

Old 06-26-2008, 07:13 AM   #25
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli173 View Post
The "clear" snake a few of you refered to popped into my mind as well but didn't want to jump the gun. Here is the websight with the info on it.
That is the thing I thought of first, too. If it STAYS that color, I doubt it will survive a month. I wasn't going to jinx anything by saying it first, though. I hope, for you Rich, that is STAYS different and is very healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
Very nice Rich, Translucent comes to mind Sure looks like it Dragons,Chameleons,Geckos
why not Corns?
It's been used already.....lol. It was a horrible description for what is now called Lava, but it was used in corns, too.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #26
Lexcorn
Quote:
Original post by Rich Z
Yeah, I guess my philosophy is somewhat different from a lot of people. I don't breed snakes primarily to sell. I breed them because I want to produce interesting animals. When something new hatches out, I don't see dollar signs dancing before my eyes. I see the potential for a whole new world of possibilities that just opened up. Doesn't mean it will actually work out that way, but I can hope....
Ditto.........

Nothing wrong with this philosophy

Trouble is, when one posts a photograph of an interesting animal, which may have taken years to produce, the response is usually "How much do you want for it"?

The pairing of genetically challenging projects is the fun part in this hobby.

Yes, quality animals are available from myself & a variety of hobby breeders, however, some time to enjoy the moment & consider our options can be appreciated.

That's one interesting fella there Rich, it will be good to see how he/she progresses.

Lex

Old 06-26-2008, 10:35 AM   #27
Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli173 View Post
Hey Eli173, thanks for finding that link.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #28
Drewby07
OMG that is one cool looking snake. Logically this is what I come up with.....

In a snake lacking skin pigment, the pink coloration comes from the blood showing through....specifically the hemoglobin in the blood...right? SO...a snake that shows up as CLEAR would lead one to believe that it has no hemoglobin in it's blood....which obviously couldn't be possible because the animal wouldn't live. I'd imagine that there is some weird condition where the hemoglobin is "faulty" and isn't red....and probably doesn't do it's job transporting oxygen very well either, resulting in anemic snakes and also explaining the high mortality in "clear" animals.

Perhaps this is like a snake version of "sickle cell anemia"?

Old 06-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #29
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewby07 View Post
OMG that is one cool looking snake. Logically this is what I come up with.....

In a snake lacking skin pigment, the pink coloration comes from the blood showing through....specifically the hemoglobin in the blood...right? SO...a snake that shows up as CLEAR would lead one to believe that it has no hemoglobin in it's blood....which obviously couldn't be possible because the animal wouldn't live. I'd imagine that there is some weird condition where the hemoglobin is "faulty" and isn't red....and probably doesn't do it's job transporting oxygen very well either, resulting in anemic snakes and also explaining the high mortality in "clear" animals.

Perhaps this is like a snake version of "sickle cell anemia"?
Or a new line of VAMPIRE corn snakes.....

Maybe if it won't eat pinkies I'll have to try a bowl of blood instead......

Old 06-26-2008, 03:18 PM   #30
Drewby07
haha....give it a transfusion!

Do I sense a new morph name? "Vampire Snows" ?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google