CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Retirement........

Old 05-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #81
tom e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
like that day when I hatched out my first Blizzard corn (which was only the second or third one in the world at that time).
That must have been an amazing feeling! What did they go for back then? Do you remember?

Old 05-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #82
Eriathiel
Wow Wow Wow!

Well I think I might be the only one who was shocked by this posting but then again I'm not very good at picking up on hints!

First of Congrats to both you and Connie on retiring!
Second I am sad that you won't be breeding anymore but I wish you the best of luck!
Third... make sure you save some snakes for me at Daytona since this will be my last chance to get a Serpenco snake (from you at any rate. Even if someone buys the whole thing it won't be the same!)!!!! I'm going to run over and check your website now!

Old 05-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #83
pgr8dnlvr
Wow Rich! I'd like to write something poetic and prophetic here, but I just don't think I could do justice!

Congrats of your decision of course and I hope you get to enjoy your "Me and Connie" time. It has been well earned. I'm really not sure if there is a more physically and mentally taxing job that breeding on such a large scale. God knows how you kept up on the computer work and your other escapades as well!

You were a very important factor in shaping my current life as I know it today. I'm sure this is the case for COUNTLESS others! Pretty much my pivotal first investment was a number of hatchlings from your "out of egg sale".

There were many Canadians very happy to have the wide assortment of morphs which you had bred! I kept a few myself of course, but that began the cycle of investing every penny made off the sale of those first snakes and purchasing bigger and better!

I am now at the point of considering leaving the old "day job" behind to see if I can make a
go of making my own means!

Things have never really been "easy" and I am endlessly appreciative of some of the advice you gave me through phone conversations, including being true to myself and not letting others try to push or bully... You are truly one of the greats of this "hobby"

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you won't be breeding anymore yet pleased to hear you and Connie are going to be talking better care of yourselves from now on! I'm trying my hardest to make it out to Daytona this year and it would be a true honor to get my picture taken with someone as influential as yourself!!

CONGRATS!!!

Rebecca

Old 05-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #84
JustinF
God speed Rich.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #85
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinF View Post
God speed Rich.
Thanks... Yeah, sometimes I DO drive that fast......

Old 05-31-2009, 02:05 PM   #86
Russell
wait a minute, I thought we were helping with your retirement fund, not paying off speeding tickets...

Old 05-31-2009, 02:44 PM   #87
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post
wait a minute, I thought we were helping with your retirement fund, not paying off speeding tickets...
Well, my ultimate game plan is that if in later years I find that we can't make it in retirement, to break some law to get us thrown in jail so the government can take care of us for free.

Certainly there MUST be a speed high enough that when arrested for it, it's an automatic jail sentence....

Old 06-02-2009, 12:07 AM   #88
Camby
I can tell you that 98 in a 55 will get you taken straight to jail, but no long term sentence.

dc

Old 06-02-2009, 01:24 AM   #89
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camby View Post
I can tell you that 98 in a 55 will get you taken straight to jail, but no long term sentence.

dc
Well, then I'm guessing that 170 in a 55 should CERTAINLY do it....

Old 06-02-2009, 04:15 AM   #90
caz223
110 in a 35 didn't even do it for me...
Heck, I would have kept my license, but I wasn't out of probation at the time......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google