CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

New motor for my vette...

Old 12-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #81
JohnR
Just browsing other sections of the site and came upon this. It has been a month now since you got the notice of shipment of the transmission.

Surely you have it finished and are driving it now??!

Old 12-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #82
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Just browsing other sections of the site and came upon this. It has been a month now since you got the notice of shipment of the transmission.

Surely you have it finished and are driving it now??!
No, the saga is still not over. The latest thing is that the original guy put on valve covers that were too flimsy and they are leaking. They can't be tightened down enough without bowing the metal because the metal is too thin. So I had to order another (quality) set, which since they are custom TALL ones to clear the Jesel rocker arms, will take about two weeks to get.

After all this, I have learned that if you smack yourself in the head long enough and hard enough, you really DO go numb....

On a related front, I talked to an investigator with the local Sheriff's department today and he told me that there is now a CRIMINAL investigation taking place on the guy (Chris Harwood) who was originally working on my car and defrauded me of various items and services. This is through BOTH the sheriff's department and the Division of Consumer Services for the State of Florida.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #83
army_greywolf
I do wish the car is finished in time for the texas mile this year, I think you can break 200mph if you run race fuel and an aggressive tune.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #84
Rich Z
I've been thinking the car will never be done. One thing after another will crop up. Waiting for new valve covers to show up this week. Come to find out those suckers are made in Australia. Sheesh... Isn't anything made in the USA any longer?

I can't believe it has been over 14 MONTHS since I took my car in to be worked on.

As for breaking 200 mph with the car, I believe there is a speed limiter programmed in at right around 175 mph. Without additional spoilers and such, I believe the front end tends to lift up on these cars right around 200 mph or so. Plus I don't believe the tires I have are rated for that speed. Could be quite exciting to have a tire blowout at 200 mph, I would imagine....

Old 03-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #85
Rich Z
I mentioned the latest in another thread, so I guess I might as well bring this thread up to date.

In a nutshell, NOT good....

Since having it towed from the first guy working on it (who wound up putting old parts back in and charging me for new), the turbos have had to be replaced, many of the things the first guy said he did either weren't done or were done in a slipshod manner, had to replace the valve covers, have the engine pulled out again right now to replace the oil pan gasket bolts that were a bit too long and causing an oil leak, and an apparent head gasket blowout. When the heads were pulled they found that a washer or something had been dropped into one of the cylinders that caused some piston damage, requiring it to be replaced.

Been over 17 months now since I first took it into the shop to have work started....

Any light at the end of the tunnel? Well seems every time I THINK there is, it's a light taped to the end of a two-by-four swinging at my head.

But I guess it's not ALL bad. A while back Connie got to worrying about me being depressed about all this for so long and did some MAJOR arm twisting to talk me into buying something else. It meant raping the retirement fund to do so, but the way she put it, we're not going to live forever, and neither am I going to be physicall able to drive a stick shift forever, so let's enjoy life while we can. So here's what we came up with to pull me out of the doldrums....

My arm STILL hurts from where Connie twisted it, I'll have you know.....

BTW, I don't know if anyone would be interested in reading this entire sordid mess from beginning to end, but here it is in two parts:

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=32739

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=44697

Old 03-31-2011, 08:44 PM   #86
Khaman
A C6 Z06, at least they did not switch the rims on you this time.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:57 PM   #87
Lennycorn
Soooo who's arm do I have to twist to get one of those, your??

Old 04-01-2011, 12:57 AM   #88
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn View Post
Soooo who's arm do I have to twist to get one of those, your??

Pick pick up!!
Beats me. I was blessed with an understanding wife. I have a LOT to be thankful for....

Old 04-01-2011, 12:58 AM   #89
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaman View Post
A C6 Z06, at least they did not switch the rims on you this time.
Yeah..... Maybe that C5 Z06 is just cursed.....

Old 04-01-2011, 01:43 AM   #90
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah..... Maybe that C5 Z06 is just cursed.....
Could be. I have always liked the C6 style better than the C5 and when you have to stare at them for 40+ hours a week easy on the eyes is a plus.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google