• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Yellow Okeetee?

OK, OK, OK :) I give up it is real. That is an amazing corn. If you breed her to a normal next season, please put me down for a male.

Golden Corn sure is a fitting name. She also seems to have a greenish cast to her. It will be sweet indeed if this look is reproducible!

Well I have been away from the forums for a while now. I have to say that is one of the nicest colored corns I have seen. Though I have always been partial to Carmels, Ambers and Miamis. I have no doubt you already have more orders then you can come close to filling. But in the off chance that you don't I would love to get on your wait list as well. Other then where you collected her I am suprised that no one has mentioned her resemblance to a Miami. Then again it might just be my monitor. But her silver/gray background is very Miami like to me.

Jeff C.

Yellow Okeetee

I AGREEE WITH EVERYONE ON HOW GORGOUS THE SNAKE IS...I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW WHAT SEX IT IS?... I WONDER WHAT COLOR YOU WOULD BREED HIM OR HER BACK TO TO RECREATE AND PERFECT THAT COLOR?? AN ABBOTT OKEETEE?? CARAMEL?? INTRESTING PROJECT...KEEP US UPDATED....ESPECIALLY IF YOU PRODUCE OFFSPRING!!!!
KAT

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
PS...HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!!

Golden corn snake

Thanks, StarWarsdad, Joe, Jeff & Katt!
Katt, this animal is a female (Wished it was a male - passing genes would be a lot quicker & more offspring) But I would rather have an opportunity than not one at all! So I'm happy no matter what sex it is! You mentioned Abbott line Okeetee. I DO have one and he's a nicely colored animal - high contrast (light orange, deep red blotches and strong black borders). Not sure yet what I'll end up breeding her with, but I'll think about it long and hard. . . .

Zee

I'm totally convinced, what a fantastic find! What an odd colour, not a corn I would want particularly, but amazing to find wild and not in one's egg box. Big time congrats on being the one to find it!!

Breed it to a bloodred, or...

Well, I think you should breed her to a Caramel, at least once. What other corns are out there that exhibit Hyper-xanthism? None that I know of, and that would tell you if this animal is exhibiting the same (type) mutation.
For my part, I hope you have discovered a "new" type of mutation, but the only way to be sure that it is "new" is to breed her to a caramel.

Just kidding about the bloodred thing.

BTW, does she have a wild-type ventral pattern?

Last edited:
looks

Thats corn has no yellow rat in it. It looks pure corn to me, hopefully something new to work with. It appears to be a darker animal, which would make a great hypo. You've got something special there, thanks for sharing.

Luke

Golden Corn

Congrats on your great find Zee! I'm looking forward to hearing about her offspring in the future. She reminds me of a charcoal suffused with yellow. A very special girl you have there. :)

Silvia

:-offtopic admittedly, but Luke, that avatar is funny.

Thanks for the chuckle. "But Mom, the sign SAYS run with scissors."

If you havent filled up your orders, put me down for a male! What a beautiful snake! It looks like something Indians would worship because of its golded color! ALL HAIL TEH GOLDEN SERPENT!! ;)

:grin01: Just wondering (assuming it turns out to be a simple-recessive trait) what anyone would want with a lone offspring from her? ;)

i cant believe there hasnt been any offers posted on this original yet. I'm sure there are a few being sent through email.

Personally I would do the following with her. Catch a male near where you found her. It may not be a "new" mutation so much as a previously undiscovered recessive gene. Grabbing a male from her locale increases your chances at least of getting a guy who *may* be het for this trait, since she probably has siblings and cousins running around somewhere.

Breed them together, even if you end up with all normals (which will probably be the case) you'll have a bunch of babies who, if this is a genetic recessive deal, will all be carriers for this trait. You could then take the offspring, pick a couple of nice males, and breed them to their sisters. If it is a simple recessive you should get some goldens out of this. You could even breed back one of her sons to her, and increase your chances for more goldens.

Personally I would do this and establish the nature of the gene (dominant or recessive etc) before mixing it with a bunch of other mutations. Once she has a bunch of babies, and you get some nice males down the road, that would be time to buy a load of nice carmels or whatever you want to test them with, and breed them with everything under the sun. You'll certainly have a market for the offspring!

Does anyone know if he is going to sell any of the offspring? I haven't seen him around in a while. Just curious.. :santa:

I don't know if anyone has said this yet but I was flippig through the manual today and on page 99 there's a very yellow corn with black borders. What do you think?

wow, this is an old thread, lol

but she certainly is absolutely stunning!

if the owner has bred her and is selling her offspring i would like a male please.
:D

Back