• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Let's talk about Leopard!

SnakeSmithS

SnakeSmithS
I'm curious if anyone can provide some info on "Leopard" Motleys... where the line originated, experiences with reproducing that look, etc... Thanks :)

The extent of what I know is that someone 'local' to where I am was breeding these motleys and would wholesale the non-keepers to local pet stores and other people, which is why there was one year when like... 3 or 4 people showed up here asking "what's my morph" and they were leopard mots.

Leopard patterning has shown up in motley clutches that do not come from this lineage. Notably, a friend hatched out a baby with a section of leopard from a clutch that produced both pinstripe AND banded snakes, leading to my current pet hypothesis that it is simultaneous expression of those two presentations of motley.

I am pairing my anery leopard motley to my ultramel charcoal motley next year. She has neither banding nor pinstripe, so I do not know how the pattern will be affected, but the entire clutch should be a mix of normal and anery motleys het charcoal and het amel OR ultra.

I got my leopard from a guy who bought him at a local shop but was moving to australia and couldn't take his snake with him. Imagine my shock/glee when I saw I was getting a very high quality (but also very fat) leopard motley for free.

Attachments

• pard 10-20-1 small.jpg
    pard 10-20-1 small.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 21
  • omg snakes leopard motley hatchling small.jpg
    omg snakes leopard motley hatchling small.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 22
Thanks Shiari :). I'm curious if any one has any thoughts about whether there is much likelihood that Leopard might trace back to Steve Roylance, and the "Stillman Corn" (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82750&highlight=Stillman). The amount of variation I'm seeing, in the few Leopards I've seen photos of (admittedly a small sample size), might suggest otherwise, but supposedly the original Stillman Corn was tested against Motley, so perhaps it creeped in that way. IDK. I suppose if Leopard is popping up from time to time in unrelated lines then that would also argue against Stillman being an influence. I just really wish that Stillman look had been reproducible :(

Back