CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

Seeking Specific Bloodreds

Old 12-11-2014, 01:59 AM   #1
Lurhstaap
Seeking Specific Bloodreds

Hi there! I am embarking on a breeding project, and thus I am trying to collect appropriate stock to begin with. I already have a fine adult male reserved, and a baby male I have high hopes for, but obviously two males do not a breeding project make. So I am seeking all bloodreds, but especially females, who meet the following description:

- Adult, or close enough to it that their adult coloration can be judged accurately. I am also willing to view babies if BOTH of their parents conform to my requirements below.
- Coloration must be as close to pure red as possible. Orange tones or shading must be minimal or nonexistent, preferably the latter.
- If the animal is Motley, I would prefer it to still have easily visible dots at maturity; otherwise, markings should be minimal or completely faded out at maturity.
- Female bloodreds which are 100% known to be het for any of the following genes are especially desireable: Hypo, Amel, Anery A, Anery B (Charcoal). Please no homozygous hypos, amels, or anerys, even if they are also homozygous for diffusion. The only exception is if you have a hypo or amel bloodred whose coloration is devoid of orange or close to it. I've never seen a truly pure red hypo or amel bloodred - it seems like removing the melanin automatically brings in orange tones, probably due to heightened visibility of yellows - but if you have one and you're willing to part with it, let me know, especially if it's female!
- Genetic history must be at least reasonably well-known; that is, I need to know what other genes the animal is or may be carrying. I recognize that in this hobby there are often unknown factors, but please try to provide this to the best of your ability.
- Must be reasonably docile and accept handling without excessive stress (though I do not require actual "friendliness" as I realize most of you likely have far too many snakes to spend a lot of time handling all of them!)
- Must be good eaters! I will not breed an animal that won't eat without me force-feeding it, no matter how good-looking it is. I need vigorous, healthy animals, not ones suffering from excessive linebreeding or which are otherwise weakened genetically. Similarly I will not accept animals known to suffer from or to carry Stargazer or any similar genetic flaw or malady.
- Proven breeders a plus but not required.
- Pied Sided, Dilute, and/or Motley, het or visible, would be a plus but not required.

In short, I am seeking healthy bloodred corns, ideally motleys or het for motley, whose coloration at adulthood is as close to pure red as possible, with little to no orange or brown in the color. There are other traits I value as well, but that's the primary thing I'm looking for. If you feel you have a snake which might interest me, please reply!

Old 12-11-2014, 06:06 AM   #2
Nanci
I would suggest contacting Rich Hume. Or maybe John Finsterwald.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
jayson rafter
I have few 2014 females remaining...
0.1 Granite poss.het hypo.a stripe
0.2 fire pos.het anery.a

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
bloodred, motley