CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Gas Prices

Old 12-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #11
Nova_C
I mispoke. The price is artificially low because of the subsidies, which allows US farmers to compete with foreign farmers, which is why so many products rely on corn.

If the market was allowed to actually work off supply and demand, I don't think there would be any concern over HFCS at all since it would be more expensive than cane sugar.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #12
Nova_C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffycj View Post
I feel like a jerk for commenting here but gas here is the lowest I've seen it at 89 cents Canadian… Then again, I'm in Alberta, so it makes sense.
It got down to 89 cents!?

I'm from Calgary, moved to Yellowknife 3 years ago, I thought it was still around a buck there.

Man, I remember gas being 47 cents a liter. :P

Old 12-20-2014, 10:55 PM   #13
Afrederi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova_C View Post
It got down to 89 cents!?

I'm from Calgary, moved to Yellowknife 3 years ago, I thought it was still around a buck there.

Man, I remember gas being 47 cents a liter. :P
Bronze is at 81 cents (actually 80.something) a litre in Edmonton. It's always a bit cheaper in Edmonton than Calgary though.

I'm just thankful my projects are still being funded (works in oil and gas industry predominately).

Old 12-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #14
Nanci
The lower prices have to be good for the economy in general. Less money spent on gas = more money to spend on luxuries (or necessities...)

Old 12-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #15
Blue Apple Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
The lower prices have to be good for the economy in general. Less money spent on gas = more money to spend on luxuries (or necessities...)
It's a double edged sword. A lot of places like the Dakotas with shale oil are only seeing the boom because of expensive oil. At a certain point (I've read around $60-65 a barrel) it is no longer economically viable to extract shale oil. Some family members of co-workers who were working in the oil business up north have already been laid off.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #16
Nanci
I bet it doesn't last forever.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google