CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New to the forum

Old 12-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
MtPH
New to the forum

Hi All,

We are new to the forum so thought we would introduce ourselves. I have been keeping reptiles for over forty years and introduced my wife, Roxanne (a now-retired veterinarian) to reptile keeping when we got together 29 years ago. Over the years we have kept a WIDE variety of reptiles and amphibians and over the last few years have concentrated on a few species of snakes.

In 2013 we decided to use Roxanne’s passion for the study of animal genetics and begin a formal breeding program of corn snakes as well as rat snakes, gopher snakes, king snakes and Brazilian rainbow boas. Thus Mount Pleasant Herps was born. Our primary focus is the corn snake with several proven breeders and some fantastic new potentials for the 2015 breeding season.

We look forward to learning from everyone here on the forum as well as sharing what our experiences have taught us.

Happy Holidays
Steve and Roxanne

Old 12-21-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Welcome to the forum!

Old 12-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #3
Nanci
Welcome to the forum!!

Old 12-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #4
Tavia
Hello and welcome!

Old 12-21-2014, 05:29 PM   #5
MtPH
Thank you Olivia, Nanci and Tavia We look forward to being here!

Old 12-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #6
hypnoctopus
What sort of projects are you working on?

Old 12-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #7
Tavia
What kind of kings are you working with? Normal BRBs or are you working with any morphs?

Old 12-21-2014, 08:26 PM   #8
MtPH
Hi Olivia and Tavia,

Thanks for the interest!

The easy answers first:

1. We have a pair of California king snakes that have almost perfectly equal black and white bands.

2. We have a pair of high red BRBs and a pair of hypo BRBs that won't be ready to breed for a couple of years yet.

3. We have a pair of Sonoran gopher snakes (het albino) and a pair of wild-type Cape gopher snakes that are on the list for 2015 pairings.

For our 2015 corn snake projects it is a bit more complicated. I asked Roxanne this question and out came the scrolls and charts and spreadsheets of the various genetic combos, probabilities etc. There are some definite pairings planned and a number of other possibilities that have not quite been decided.

The definite pairings will be:

1. Tequila Sunrise x Ultramel tessera het strawberry, anery.
2. Bloodred het pied, amel x bloodred het pied, amel
3. Pied-sided bloodred x pied-sided bloodred
4. Pair of classics with various possible hets.

The other females that may be bred in 2015 are:

Gold dust
Dilute motley het anery
Coral snow
Dilute anery motley
Ultramel tessera het strawberry, anery

The other males that may be bred in 2015 are:

Dilute
Coral snow
Strawberry anery
Butter motley
Amel dilute motley het anery

Many of these females and males are also 66% or 50% het for a variety of things.

We do have some Amel 100% het Strawberry, Anery & Stripe hatchlings and Everglades rat snake hatchlings left from the 2014 breeding season which may influence how many 2015 pairings we do.

Thanks
Steve & Roxanne

Old 12-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #9
Tavia
Oooh! I'd love to see pictures of your hypo BRBs! When we first got into Brazilians, I thought that nothing beat a high colored normal BRB but the hypos are really starting to grow on me. We have 3 normal BRBs, used to be 4 but one of our males passed away a few months ago. :-(
We'd had an adult 1.1 pair and a 1.1 juvi pair, unfortunately it was the adult male that died, so that put our breeding plans for them a few years back.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:55 PM   #10
hypnoctopus
I love tequila sunrises, so I'd love to see what you end up producing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google