CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

HELP!..Sick Corn

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #1
crd106
HELP!..Sick Corn

Hello all...Happy Holidays...I need some input on a 5 yr old male corn, my son named him "Tornado"...I purchased him from a breeder at the Phila Reptile Show in November. The breeder told me "Tornado" was 5 years old and his male anery breeder. Since having him home I noticed he defecates 2 times a day...for several days.... And it is more smelly than my other corns...ALSO the last few seem to have mucus in it. He has been feed F/T mice (which I bought at the show). My 2 other corns are less than a year and not eating the mice I bought.. They are healthy and we are currently not holding them until we get this other stuff worked out...
I just brought him to the vet and he has an early stage of mouth rot..and the vet didn't want to check the stool sample I brought??? He said it could be worms and prescribed Panacur 1 /SID for 5 days...for Enteritis...AND Ciprofloxacin 1 / SID every other day for the mouth rot.....
We've had him for less than two months and I'm not happy....Could he be getting a worm or parasite from the mice? We change his substrate and I change the water almost daily.. I can't believe he's sick because I'm very good with cleaning the cage..Could the mouth rot be from him drinking the water he's been spending alot of time in? And to top it off the medication is an oral liquid that is very difficult to administer.....Any thoughts would be appreciated THANKS