CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Being signed out...

Old 02-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
wyocornsnaker
Being signed out...

I am being signed out of the site about every ten minutes. This started yesterday, I don't know why. Any ideas?

Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 AM   #2
Susan
That's a new problem I've not heard of before. There may be something wrong with how your computer is remembering your cookies. Are you having any problems on any other websites you're signed into? I've been experiencing problems on my computer...taking forever to load pages...but that's happened before and may not be related to this site. And of course, Rich just wants to shoot his computer...

Old 02-09-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
LBoz
The site will log you out automatically after so many minutes of inactivity. When you sign in, do you click the little box that says "remember me?" That should keep you logged in, even if you close the site yourself.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I've been experiencing problems on my computer...taking forever to load pages...but that's happened before and may not be related to this site....
Same here Susan and it's fairly frequent here at CS.com. At times I feel like I went back to dial up! And forget about clicking on "More" in the smilies box!

Old 02-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #5
Rich Z
Well, I'm working on my 6 year old computer right now and not having any issues. But I will say that I can see a remarkable difference in the way web pages load up on this old system compared to my newer one (even if it is a piece of crap). Newer faster computers have quite an impact, since a lot of the files need to come from your local hard drive. So slowness most definitely can be a result of your own PC as well as your local ISP connection.

As for why some sites will be slower than others, a lot also depends on the number of server hops the connection takes as well as the quality of the servers and lines that signal has to traverse. This is not a single issue that can be easily fixed with a simple "click here" solution.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
This is not a single issue that can be easily fixed with a simple "click here" solution.
Ugh, if only life came with that kind of quick fix!

I was having a ton of issues with this site back when you had the "chat number" turned on, but since you got that fixed, this site is super speedy for my old machine. Unfortunately, I downloaded IE's "updates" and since then, it takes two hours or more for my pc to boot up. I only reboot once a week now because I can't find the issue. Thanks for those "improvements", IE.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
wyocornsnaker
I do click "remember me". This is the only site that is logging me out. I remain logged into all the other sites that I use.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:36 AM   #8
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyocornsnaker View Post
I do click "remember me". This is the only site that is logging me out. I remain logged into all the other sites that I use.
If it were a problem from my server, then I would expect EVERYONE to have the same problem. This just doesn't seem to be the case.....

Old 02-10-2009, 01:59 AM   #9
wyocornsnaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
If it were a problem from my server, then I would expect EVERYONE to have the same problem. This just doesn't seem to be the case.....

Yeah, it's not your sever, I just wish I could figure it out. I was hoping that someone might have some ideas.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google