CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Het lavenders and general appearances

Old 03-01-2005, 10:26 AM   #1
cka
Het lavenders and general appearances

Anyone have any normal (wild type) het Lavenders that DON'T look miami-ish?...Is it just that the lavenders havent been crossed into, say, Okeetee lines?...or does being het lavender, because of the lavender's heritage, determine the overall appearance?......would love to see some het lav's with a bit more pizzazz to them, folks

Old 03-01-2005, 10:51 AM   #2
Jynx
I think it would depend on what was bred in that specific lavenders' lines. I have a male lavender from Rich that throws miami looking normals with pretty much any female, and 2 female lavender from a local breeder that are siblings that throw normal normals also. They have both only been bred twice and to 2 different males, so I don't know if that will be the same with any other male or not.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:03 AM   #3
carol
Pizzazz? Miamis Rock! They have plenty of pizzazz. However, these orange ones are nice too...
1st pic= Hypo het Lav Mot
2nd pic= Hypo het Lav Mot and Anery

Old 03-01-2005, 11:09 AM   #4
Serpwidgets
I crossed a lavender male to this Sunkissed female:

The kids are all pretty drab so far, although they're only '04 hatchlings. But I think they would have more color by this point if they were going to develop any serious oranges. At least that's what I've seen in other normals that grew into a bright ground color.

As you can see, they don't really have the nice silvery Miami look, but they look like every other "normal from lavender X something" that I've seen. I'm still not convinced that this is because they are het lav. It sure would be interesting to see what happens if you take one of these and cross it to a really bright Okeetee. If the drab color is because they are het lav, then you should probably get a visible split in the clutch: bright orange vs tan like the above.

Old 03-01-2005, 03:33 PM   #5
cka
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
Pizzazz? Miamis Rock! They have plenty of pizzazz.
lol sorry Carol, no disrespect to the miami's intended...Would love to see more het lavs w/ colors like the hypo's you just posted...i think it will go a long way to putting more "color" into say the hypo lavs and opals :*)

Old 03-01-2005, 04:22 PM   #6
DAND
How about this little guy?

Old 03-01-2005, 05:29 PM   #7
Rich Z
Hmm, you should see the normal animals that resulted from my breeding Lavender with Blood Red. No way anyone could even slightly think they look like Miami Phase.

Old 03-01-2005, 06:00 PM   #8
cka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Hmm, you should see the normal animals that resulted from my breeding Lavender with Blood Red. No way anyone could even slightly think they look like Miami Phase.
Either you're being a nasty tease or thats just a great pre-sale tactic ...ya know we'd like some pics ;*)...

hoping to get some of this hypo het lav's color into any lavs, het lavs, opals or hypo lavs down the line...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google