CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Sad Accident. Advice?

Old 01-09-2006, 09:02 PM   #51
ghosthousecorns
Wow I juat read this thread...I'm sorry about the accident. I hope Bill gets better.I think if he ends up with a funky head stance but nothing else wrong it'll give him personality.
I've caught a tail in a lid by mistake, I know how awful I would feel in your shoes.
Oh yeah and I had my foot run over by a honda civic once but walked away (thanks to steel toed boots) with nothing sore but my feelings at the driver.
I'm glad you are getting so much support here! and only one Negative Nellie in the bunch.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #52
Hurley
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimuttone
I am glad he seems to be okay for now. Pretty soon his dilema will be bigger than the Biggest Thread Ever, lol.
LOL, I was just saying this while opening the thread.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:23 PM   #53
babbaloo99
I too just read the thread and empathize with you deeply. A couple months back, I found one of my 05 butters with his neck pinched between the glass of the viv and a plexiglass divider I hadn't sealed properly. The snake was limp and I thought he had been a goner since I hadn't checked them since I fed them (2 days).

I was opening the viv preparing to remove the "dead" snake when he began moving. I was stunned since his neck seemed completely pinched. I was hopeful since he was at least alive, but then worried about the damage. Well, after I freed him, and observed him for a while, he looked a little like Bill sounds. I left him be with light supervision, and as luck would have it, he turned out with no residual effects. So when folks here talk about how durable these guys really are, I now know it for a fact. Good luck to you and Bill!

Old 01-10-2006, 12:03 AM   #54
MegF.
I hope things turn out fine for you Dean. These guys are remarkably resilient and seem to come thru some of the worst stuff without a hitch. It's too bad you aren't closer. I could sneak him into work and x-ray him like I did Minuet. We've all made errors and frankly, I think of my corns like my kids and would feel horrible if something happened. I too accidently taped my Green Tree python to her perch although due to daily checks I found her early in the morning. I thought I was the biggest idiot on the planet and couldn't understand how I could have done something so stupid. A little olive oil and a couple of hours and the tape was off. She's no worse for wear. I'm betting on Bill coming out of this fine.

Old 01-10-2006, 03:47 AM   #55
ratsncorns
Dean, I am so sorry about Bill. These little guys definately are resilient little things I hope that he pulls through. Good sign that hes digesting, but definately keep an eye on him and keep us updated. Something like this is what I am afraid of doing in the one moment of distraction. But it happens to the best of us, good luck with him.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #56
Gintha
Awwww *hugs Dean* don't beat yourself up hun, we all make little mistakes like this. I shut poor Hunter's tail in the lid of his ziploc feeding tub, it was kinked for 3 or 4 days and I was SO worried about him! I also had one of those glue on thermomiters on the inside of his tank and he managed to glue himself to it and the stress caused a regurge ~,~ I still feel sooo bad for both occurrences.

I think most of us worry about the snakes more than we need to, for instance we know they do fine without food for a good period of time, but if the refuse one meal.. how many of us worry about them? *raises hand*

We all know how well you care for your snakes, and we all know that you will do everything you can for Bill. The fact that hes moving normally, digesting, and sounds like hes as active as any normal corn should be good news =) Brain damage usually causes some outward signs, and so does broken vertebrae (I know that for a fact.. I got run over by a car, my spine slammed into the edge of the curb and CRUNCH broken vertebrae! 4 years later and I still have adverse effects from it).

I hope hes fine hun, and you too... don't worry yourself too much. *more hugs*

Old 01-10-2006, 05:12 PM   #57
dionythicus
I'm pulling for you and Bill!

Here's my sad little story to ad...When we were trading babies with a friend, we were all so excited about looking at all of the babies in their plastic tubs, opening and closing lids multiple times to pick out which ones we wanted. I never realised until we got home that one of the babies had gotten its tail smashed between the lid and the tub when the lid was closed. It was really bad. The tail was flat, skin was broken and you could see the tiny little bones. It has since healed; the very end died and fell off within two sheds and now there's a kink with almost an inch of hardened tail that works as a great rattle! He still gets freaked out when you open the lid and take him out, but he settles down.

I call it operator error when I make a mistake like that. I hope Bill will be alright. I know of a grown corn with a healed broken back who eats like a champ and does just fine.

Hang in there!

Old 01-10-2006, 07:03 PM   #58
Roy Munson
Well, I'm glad this thread has turned into more than a pity party for me. There are some instructive stories in this thread, and I've learned a lot from them myself. The incident hasn't done much for my paranoia. You should see me racking a tub now. I do a septuple check before snapping the lid, and it takes me 45 seconds to slide the tub in as I monitor the snake's position the entire time.

I was going to post pics of Bill here tonight, but I decided that I'm going to leave him alone for a couple of nights. I really don't want to exacerbate his injury by prompting him to move around. He is resting in a normal corn posture at the moment.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:44 PM   #59
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
The incident hasn't done much for my paranoia. You should see me racking a tub now.
I thought you were going to say "trying to pull up my zipper now.

Sorry Dean, Just thought you need a smile by now.

Ok, flame on.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:49 PM   #60
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn
I thought you were going to say "trying to pull up my zipper now.

Sorry Dean, Just thought you need a smile by now.

Ok, flame on.
You insensitive cad! No seriously, that was funny, and I always need that. I've worn sweatpants since the accident.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google