CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Banners swapping too fast

Old 01-12-2004, 01:01 AM   #1
Kat
Banners swapping too fast

Hey Rich,

I think you've got the banner rotation set on ultra-high or something. Lately I've been seeing banners swap out at a rather high rate. They're on the screen for about 30 seconds, then swap out. The biggest problem is that every time they swap out, I get barraged with 'click' sounds. The second biggest problem is that downloading so many banners repeatedly takes up bandwith. And third... it's annoying to see them swap out so fast. Can you please slow them down or return them to whatever setting they had before? It's highly annoying as is.

-Kat

Old 01-12-2004, 01:17 AM   #2
Serpwidgets
Agreed on all of Kat's points, plus it's gonna end up artificially inflating banner hit counts when people like me who have a 24/7 connection and leave their machines on 24/7 have a browser or three minimized all the time.

Old 01-12-2004, 03:40 AM   #3
Simon
lol
I didn't even notice this until Kat said it...
now that she pointed this out I too think that it's quite annoying...and those clicking sound and downloading band width is something....lol~~
and it even mess up typing cause the computer needs to download the new ad banner....yeah please fix it cause it's really quite annoying (but I guess this is quite good for people that have advertised here...)

Old 01-12-2004, 02:25 PM   #4
Rich Z
Sheesh....

OK, I slowed down the display.

But interesting to know that I now have a weapon at my disposal. I can drive everyone insane by setting the change rate to every 2 seconds!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google