• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding Question

Maevenish

So this may be a dumb question but I really want to make sure I'm taking care of my baby ok. She's a two year old corn.

She's been on Frozen Thawed x-breeders mice at 30g-50g. My regular supplier (Perfect Prey) was out so I got the 30g-50g weaned rats. They look similarly sized but are breeder mice better or these weaned rats better? She's only had mice and I'm down to my last 3 so she'll be starting the rats soon. What kind of difference will this make to her diet? Please don't be mean if it's no difference. I just want to learn.

Thank you,
Wendy and Peach.

That's a really good question. I don't have the definitive answer, but this is what I would think.
The full grown mice to me, would have more nutrients than a small or juvenile rat. I don't see the problem if you're going by weight however, and she's certainly getting her belly full.
When mine was growing, I would give it a few smaller mice instead of a large one because I didn't think he could handle the larger one. I was told the nutrient value wasn't as good feeding that way.
Just a thought. I'll be hanging around to see what the pros have to say.
Good luck!

Back