CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

ID please?

Old 09-24-2017, 06:18 AM   #1
Raven
ID please?

What is this pattern called and is there a gene associated with it? I know it isn't motley as there is a belly pattern on the snake. (sorry for the bad picture, she's squirmy! I'll try to get a better one later) Thanks!

Old 09-24-2017, 12:31 PM   #2
nancyg
Snow with aberrant pattern? I am not sure it's 'zaggy ' enough to be called zig zag.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:55 PM   #3
Shiari
It's a snow with a partial zigzag pattern. It's most likely not genetic, just an oopsie during development.

Old 09-24-2017, 01:32 PM   #4
Raven
Thanks! I was thinking possible zigzag as well, but I have an aberrant/hurricane motley zigzag. This little one is opposite - it's like she's missing her pattern in places giving the appearance of zigzag. From my understanding of a zigzag, the white sections would show the odd patterns, not the pink?

Old 09-24-2017, 01:47 PM   #5
Raven
This is my snake with the motley (hurricanes, zigzag/aztec?). His patches are the reverse of what I'm seeing on the new baby. Her saddles are missing color/pattern? She has a checkered belly where his is patternless. This is why I was ruling out motley and leaning towards aberrant. However, a few of her siblings have similar patterns on them making me wonder if there is a genetic component to it.

Old 09-24-2017, 01:52 PM   #6
Raven
Sorry. The picture didn't go through the first time.

Old 09-24-2017, 02:56 PM   #7
Shiari
Your anery motley is showing some q-tipping. The snow is showing a typical area of zigzagged saddles.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:08 PM   #8
Raven
Thank you!

Old 10-30-2017, 02:07 PM   #9
Lulavc
Please help ID this Corn.

This is from a friends corn. Im so expert on this but some people say is Bloodred... some say is Hypo... and i really dont know. Any help will be welcome.

Thanks.

Old 10-30-2017, 02:09 PM   #10
Lulavc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulavc View Post
This is from a friends corn. Im so expert on this but some people say is Bloodred... some say is Hypo... and i really dont know. Any help will be welcome.

Thanks.

Sorry. Please dedelte itr. Wrong thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google