CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

NEED HELP PLEASE

Old 12-29-2017, 06:53 AM   #1
Pransis
NEED HELP PLEASE

which of this two corns is a caramel bloodred and caramel ghost motley. Im planning on getting the caramel blood but i'm kinda confuse which is which.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:27 PM   #2
Twolunger
If you log on to iansvivarium.com/morphs there are examples of the various caramel morphs. Glad you found some corns, my daughter-in-law is from Davao and she didn't remember seeing any there. But she probably didn't visit pet shops either.

Old 12-29-2017, 02:28 PM   #3
Shiari
I cannot confirm that either of these snakes are caramel based, and with the poor photo quality either could be diffused and neither look motley.
And by caramel ghost do you mean a hypo caramel (amber) or a hypo anery caramel, because if you mean a hypo anery caramel, neither of those snakes are expressing the anery gene. But at the same time, neither of the snakes appear to have the hypo gene at all.

Old 01-02-2018, 02:22 PM   #4
bushsnake
To me the 2 pics look like the same snake which looks like a caramel bloodred(diffused)

Old 01-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #5
nancyg
the top pic has stronger black marks.. there's a thread of color connecting the two saddles behind the head on the bottom one that I can't be sure of on the top pic, Note also that there is a color patch behind the eye on the bottom one that I don't think I see on the top one (bad angle though)
There's also a couple darker 'dots' right at the base/back of the head on the top image that I don't see in the bottom.
The pictures ARE pretty cruddy, but I think it is two different snakes, the body pattern doesn't look like motley - it looks like a classic corn pattern of saddles.. with diffused sides. the top one looks yellow enough for Caramel, but that could be the lighting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google