CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

ID please help Tessera or not?

Old 08-08-2017, 02:56 AM   #1
MINGA
ID please help Tessera or not?

Hello together,

i have 2 hatchlings were is really hard to say if they are Tessera or not.

Pairing was Ghostbloodmotley x Anerytesserastriped het. Blood, Hypo.

So all simblings are motley/stripe and maybe additionally Tessera.

- 1st is a Pic of Granitetesseramotley/stripe simbling to compare.

- 2nd is a Anerymotley/stripe simbling to compare.

- 3rd is a Ghostbloodmotley/stripe simbling to compare.

- 4th is one of the hatchlings what is hard to say what it is.... in my opinion it is a very nice Ghostmotley/striped but i am not sure if he is additionally Tessera?

- 5th is the second hatchling were i am not sure. Looks like a Anerytesseramotley/striped but the patterns are not "clean" enough for a tessera.

Some help would be appreciated! From my point of few it is a Ghostmotley/striped and Anerytesseramotleystriped but not 100% sure....let see after first shed maybe i can see more than now.

Anyway many thanks for your help in advance!

Old 08-09-2017, 12:42 PM   #2
MINGA
Any suggestions?

Seems like i am not that stupid and it is quite hard to say if they are tessera or not.

Meanwhile i am quite sure that the anerymotley/stripe is also tessera.

About the Ghostmotley/stripe i am still not sure... but as more as i take a closer look at him as more he looks like a tessera to me.

Anyway after the first shed i will do some new pics. Hopefully someone can help me out then.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:13 AM   #3
nancyg
there are only 3 pictures in your post.. but you mention 5,
where are the rest?

Old 08-29-2017, 01:52 AM   #4
MINGA
Hi Nancy,

many thanks for your answer but i see 5 pics

anyway here the 2 mentioned hatchlings were i was not sure... but after the first shed i am quite sure that both are Tessera.
Also i think they are hom. Masque and this is causing the strange modification of the Tessera pattern.

- 0.1 Anerytesseramotley/striped het. blood
- 1.0 Ghosttesseramotley/striped het. blood

But for sure both will be tested for Tessera in a few years.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:33 AM   #5
MINGA
Hi together,

here the whole clutch.

pairing was Ghostbloodmotley x Anerytesserastriped het. Blood, Hypo.

Result:

1.2 Anerymotley/striped het. Blood, Hypo
2.1 Ghostbloodmotley/striped
0.1 Anerytesseramotley/striped het. Blood, Hypo
1.0 Ghosttesseramotley/striped het. Blood
0.1 Granitetesseramotley/stripde het. Hypo

Pics all after first shed and i am now quite sure that both are also Tessera....

Old 08-29-2017, 02:35 AM   #6
MINGA
Here the rest.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:41 AM   #7
MINGA
Hi all,

i had a second clutch out of this pairing. 3 babies made it in the end.

Pairing:

Ghostbloodmotley 66% het. Charcoal x Anerystripedtessera het. Bloodred, Hypo and again the hatchlings look very unusual.

1st pic = 1.0 Anerymotley/striped (very strange Pattern! some parts look like tessera?Headpattern tipical for homo masque)

2nd pic = 0.1 Ghostmotley/striped tessera? (half motley/striped, half tessera? Headpattern tipical for homo masque)

3rd pic = 0.1 Anerymotleytessera (clean stripe like tessera should look like, normal Headpattern.. not homo for masque)

If i compare all the simblings i have made a hypothesis and maybe someone did the same observation.
I think that this strange look is caused by homo Masque!
All simblings wich look normal for their genetics (like pic 3) have also a normal headpattern. All simblings with a modified headpattern wich is usual for Masque (like pic 2) have also a modification in their bodypattern.

Seems like homo Masque is "destroying" the clean middlestripe wich is usual for tessera. Further seems like homo Masque is causing the wide striped look if motley or striped is involved.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:45 AM   #8
Shiari
I don't think the middle one has tessera in it. Motley can also express as a pinstripe which looks similar to tessera but doesn't have the side pattern (when the tessera doesn't also have motley involved).

Here's a pinstripe I used to have.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:39 AM   #9
MINGA
Hi Shiari,

thanks for your response:-))

I am aware about the fact that pinstripe can look similar to motley/stripe tesseras. I am also not sure if the middle one is a tessera but there are some differences what are confusing me.

If you compare the middle one to the pic in your post than you see that the headpattern are quite different. I think this is caused by homo masque.

In your pic the animal has a quite clean striped/motley pattern compared to the middle one. My simbling is quite wide striped/motley at the first half of the body and thin striped (kind of tessera like) at the second half.
Also strange is that the borderoutlines of the patterns are only visible on the length side and not all around building a circle as usual for motley.

Further if you look at the Tail were the cloak is. There it looks also quite similar to tessera and not to striped/motley.

Anyway i can only be sure if i pair her in a few years ;-))

About the influence of Masque here 2 other simblings. Modified Headpattern completely different bodypattern totally strange.

0.1 Anerymotley/stripedtessera (compared to the anerymotley/stripetessera pic 3 in the post before the tessera pattern are completely destroyed)

1.0 Ghostmotley/stripedtessera? (here other way around compared to the middle one! first half looks like wide striped tessera and second half looks like motley.)

If you check my posts before you should see all of my hatchlings out of this clutch. And all with "Masque" Headpattern have also for motley or tessera unusual bodypattern. All with regular headpattern look like the should. Motley looks like motley and tessera looks like tessera. So i really think that homo Masque is responsible for that "destruction" in the motley/striped pattern and also in the tessera pattern.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:08 AM   #10
Nanci
Bloodred can make the tessera stripe have a pattern like that, too. This (the difficult clutch, not the bloodred) is why I have tried my hardest to keep stripe and motley out of my tessera projects.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google