CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Help ID my snake

Old 09-17-2017, 03:11 PM   #1
wllmzlnsk107
Help ID my snake

I assumed he was a normal because the person I got him from originally got him from a pet store, but lots of normals I see have more distinction between their sides and saddles. Is it possible he is a hypo or some other morph with reduced black?

Old 09-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #2
DollysMom
Welcome to the forum. Your snake is beautiful! Sorry I can't help with your question. My morph knowledge is spotty at best, but I wanted to welcome you and say hello.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:10 PM   #3
Dragonling
Hello slightly northern neighbor! What does his belly look like? I'm thinking he looks like a classic just with reduced borders, but the checkers might tell a different story!

He looks very much like my classic, Sierra.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:13 PM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
I'm no morph genius, but he looks just like the wild corn snakes we see and catch here in Tennessee. I would call him the "Classic Wild Look" or "Normal" as a lot of people call it.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:40 PM   #5
wllmzlnsk107
His belly looks alot like a normal. This isn't a photo of him but it's what he looks like. I also figured out he wasn't a hypo because his eyes aren't red.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:42 PM   #6
Karl_Mcknight
Hypos don't necessarily have red eyes. Amelanistics have red eyes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hypo...w=1394&bih=655

Old 09-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #7
kdickens
I'm no good with morphs or ID'ing snakes much but wanted to say I love the pic with him wrapped around the branch! Snakes are hard to photograph!

Old 09-18-2017, 09:10 PM   #8
Arpolis
Yea that is just a nice classic corn snake. Any of the Hypo type corns I have kept in the years had less yellows and re belly checks more soft than what you pictured. Very pretty snake regardless.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google