CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Scary stuff

Old 12-13-2017, 03:44 AM   #1
Rich Z
Scary stuff

I guess this is what I get for when I go to the scary side of YouTube.... Lay awake at night thinking that yeah, I had that polio vaccine when I was a child.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR0Vh7EBinM

Old 12-13-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
Twolunger
Thanks, let's sleep in shifts so we can get a little rest anyway. Besides childhood vaccinations, while in the army I was supposed to be stationed in Africa in the 60's, so got additional vaccinations. My orders were changed and I received 4 more vaccinations before heading to Vietnam. Who knows what they jammed in my arms?

Old 12-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #3
Rich Z
Yeah, it's not like those shots can be opted out of.

I remember when I went in for basic training they would have medics on both sides of the line using compressed air injections in both shoulders as we passed through them, one by one. Nothing was sterilized between shots, of course, and I'm guessing that some blood had to squirt out during the injections onto the instrument they were using. But what could you do? The military doesn't respect complainers very much, no matter how valid the complaints may be.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #4
Twolunger
I remember those air injections. We never even questioned the medical staff, after all, the government wouldn't do anything to harm us right? Just keep the line moving so we can get to the chow hall. Believe it or not, the last 4 injections I received were done by a SP-4 medic who grabbed all four syringes at the same time, held them all in his hand, and jabbed the 4 in my arm at the same time. Now I get a flu shot and they warn me that it may sting a little. LOL.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:02 PM   #5
Rich Z
Yeah, I do remember one warning they gave us all concerning those injections. They warned us NOT to move at all, otherwise those injections would just slice right across the skin like a razor.

Old 12-15-2017, 10:46 AM   #6
Twolunger
The guy in front of me flinched, and his arm was slit like a razor cut. Whatever was in the vaccination hit the brim of my hat and some hit me in the eye. I asked if I should see the doctor and the medic said it was not necessary. But he put a bandage on the arm of the guy who flinched and told me to hold it there for 15 minutes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google