• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Halloween corns

Millertime87

I was looking at pictures of corn snakes an was amazed by the Halloween okeetee corns, couldn't really find much info on them an I was wondering is that just selective breeding or do you breed specific pairs to create such morph?

The original Halloween corns were owned by Graham Criglow. Don't bother yourself looking him up to ask about it, though. It's a sore subject best left alone. The line is gone. The best hope of reviving it is to slowly work towards selectively breeding the best-bordered extreme Okeetees one can find.

Well that makes perfect sense, explains why I couldn't find one for sale or many pictures for that matter. I'll leave the subject alone then if people are going to be upset about it. I guess I'll stick with my second favorite okeetee then an breed my buckskin. Thank you for the information and helping solve the mystery.

Buckskins like those sold by South Mountain are awesome corns. If I didn't have so many projects already I would love to have a pair.

That's where I got my buck skins from. Don was very good to me an I now have a pair that are het for amel. Just have to play the waiting game now an grow them out.

I have a son and daughter of the Halloween Okeetee. Just sayin'. The son, Raven, is my snake who tried to turn himself into a real life ouroboros.

I'll leave the subject alone then if people are going to be upset about it.

Oh, no I don't think it's a sore subject for anyone here, but I made the mistake of pestering Graham about them and was promptly shut down. I could have worded that better.

I have a son and daughter of the Halloween Okeetee. Just sayin'. The son, Raven, is my snake who tried to turn himself into a real life ouroboros.

I completely forgot you had those two. More things to add to my wishlist. Yay.

Maybe? I have an Okeetee Tessera, Gartersnake, from Don. I bred Gartersnake to Madras, an aberrant Abbott Okeetee. (The offspring were huge, amazing.) I kept back an aberrant Tessera male, Koolio. I plan to breed him to Starling, the Halloween daughter.

I have a Halloween son, Raven, because he was supposed to be a she and was mis-sexed. Starling was one of Graham's holdbacks, and the replacement.

I might breed the two together, but I am way more interested in breeding Koolio x Starling.

Well I mean it's your project do what you like lol. I was just asking outta curiosity but I wouldn't be heart broken if you bred the two Halloweens together. I just got into the hobby and haven't started any of my own blood lines yet. Heck I don't even have breeding size corns yet, but I do have some stunning babies.

Graham's project was to take the solid saddles of the Halloween Okeetee and add buckskin to increase contrast. None of the offspring (that I have seen) have as many solid black saddles as the Halloween. They are still very striking. (In more ways than one- talk about excellent feeding response!!!)

Sounds like it would be a beautiful sanke. I'm just not sure where I'm going to go with a breeding project. I'm not educated enough on these animals yet an I believe there is going to be a lot of trial an error.

I have a supposed Halloween okeetee female. Whenever I take her out, everyone is always trying to buy her =)

Attachments

• Halloween okeetee.jpg
    Halloween okeetee.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 45
Back