CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Bloodred question.

Old 03-10-2006, 01:11 PM   #1
2i2_D3gr33s
Bloodred question.

I ran across a snake today at the petstore while I was picking up some mice I have a couple questions about. It was labeled as a bloodred and priced at 54 bucks (US). They received it from a different location, so don't know much about it. I inspected it and found it to have no belly checks whatsoever. It's pattern was normal, and it's head just slightly grey. The thing is, is that the body looked very very light in color. Not much darker than a normal amel. It's eyes were black, so I know it wasn't an amel.

Anyways, I have a diffused bloodred (apx. 4-5 mos old) who is tiny, but very dark compared to the one I seen today. Do colors vary this much in the bloodreds, or could they have mislabled him? I'm not sure I know what he would be, if it's not bloodred. I've been looking for a female blood het charcoal, but if this turns out to be a female bloodred, I might just have to get it because it's such a great deal. Anyway, here's is a couple pics of my guy:

and here is the closest thing I could find that looks like the color of the one I seen today (I borrowed a pic from jzal8) minus the pink eyes of course:

any thoughts?

Old 03-10-2006, 01:20 PM   #2
Roy Munson
Could be a hypo-blood.

Old 03-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #3
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2i2_D3gr33s
any thoughts?
Yeah, can I please get directions to that petshop?

Old 03-10-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
jzal8
haha Did anyone notice the third pic is of my amel blood??

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31386

Old 03-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #5
Tom Tuttle
At that price in a pet shop, I would seriously doubt that it's a bloodred.
Great deal if it is!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google