CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Help! Bleeding from Anal Vent

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2019, 02:08 PM   #1
dasluder62
Help! Bleeding from Anal Vent

Joey was constipated about a month ago. She normally poops within 5 days of a feeding. She went for almost a month without a poop. I thought maybe it was because she didn't get her usual sized mice for 3 feedings - the store where we buy only had little ones. We stopped feeding her and soaked her for several days in a row. We were just about to call the vet when she pooped. That was 2 weeks ago.

We fed her a normal sized mouse and she pooped normally after. We fed her again on Sunday and today she pooped, but less than the normal amount. After I cleaned it, I noticed blood in the substrate (Aspen shavings). She's restless and crawling around in circles and it looks like she's trying to poop more, but isn't able to get it out. I tried to soak her, but she wouldn't stay in the tub.

We called the vet and he's on vacation for two weeks. We don't know of any other reptile vets where we are.

Please - any advice? I'm really scared for my baby.