CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

what else?

Old 05-06-2002, 12:55 PM   #1
stevi
Talking what else?

hey this isnt really a problem, do corns eat anything else apart from mice?? I know that if i ate the same food ever time i ate then id get real board of it, is this the same for snakes?
Thanks in advanced
stevi

Old 05-06-2002, 01:02 PM   #2
jim
FOOD

stevi,
in the wild corns will et whatever they find. in captivity most people feed mice because they are the most readily available and cheapest food item. i do know that they will eat small birds, lizards, some amphibians, and other small rodents but in captivity this can lead to problems. the best idea is just to stick with mice if that is what they are already eating. good luck and have fun, jim

Old 05-06-2002, 03:22 PM   #3
Alicia
Smile

Mice meet the nutritional needs of corn snakes very well. If you feed things you find in the wild you may introduce parasites to your pet. Better to be safe. I don't really think that snakes feel bored

Alicia

Old 05-06-2002, 03:45 PM   #4
gekko1
Thumbs up

store bought green anoles my friend.

Old 05-06-2002, 04:13 PM   #5
Iris
gekko1, I disagree. The snake may begin to prefer anole over mice which could turn into quite a pricey problem while you are trying to make it go back to eating mice. If the snake is feeding well on mice there is really no reason to try something else. Freezing rodents also kills many germs and things they may have.

Old 05-06-2002, 04:48 PM   #6
gekko1
Quote:
Originally posted by Iris
gekko1, I disagree. The snake may begin to prefer anole over mice which could turn into quite a pricey problem while you are trying to make it go back to eating mice. If the snake is feeding well on mice there is really no reason to try something else. Freezing rodents also kills many germs and things they may have.
this is true, be cool to see your snake eat a lizard though

Old 05-06-2002, 11:24 PM   #7
Simon
sticking with mice is much much better. The are cheaper and it provides them with the nutrients that they need. Giving them others might be very costly. Stick with the advice and stay with mice

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google