CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

I NEED HELP ASAP!

Old 04-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #81
vetusvates
Epidemiologically, whatever it is may not kill every snake. Or the disease state may not have a precise (identical) temporally defined incubation period, latency period, or morbidity.

For example, in mammals, the echoviruses and enteroviruses. They may cause a disease state in some individuals, while some individuals remain asymptomatic, or never get sick. They may kill some individuals, while some never get more than the sniffles or a head cold. Infants and the elderly, for example, may be more susceptible than healthy adolescents and adults.
Note: general diagnosis relies on pre-acute and post-acute antibody titers. And only some certain few subtypes or serotypes of these very small, spring-time viruses are even tested for (in a reference lab type setting).

Old 04-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #82
ghosthousecorns
Bob keep us posted, I am glad that you are being so responsible in looking into this and getting those tests done. Every once in a while there is something wrong with a baby corn and it doesn't make it, but with that many snakes you have to wonder.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #83
SnakeKiss247
Well, I hope things work out better for you and you loose no more snakes. I am here if you need an ear....

Old 04-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #84
Caryl
Oh, Bob, I'm so sorry for the loss of your favorite baby and all of the continued agony of your situation. I hope that soon you at least have answers about what caused that death. Your bravery and honesty in sharing your story with the community are admirable. I hope your losses are over.

Here's a possible source to find some formalin if you haven't yet gone to UK and are still looking for formalin. If you know any high school or college science teachers, you might ask if they have any in the lab that they could spare. The amount you'd need for a hatchling in a baby-food jar isn't much. If the person isn't comfortable handing over a hazardous substance, s/he might be willing to mail it for you.

You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #85
NonVenomous
I am considering multiple snakes from Doc, and this is now way way too much of a coincidence to not be a disease of something. So to put myself, and others, at ease I would like to offer to pay for the necro if money is an option. Also, if someone can provide me with a way to supply formalin to Bob, I will gladly pay for that too.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #86
crotalis40741
NonVenomous, there are no words. Thank you!
I have another sad update, my amel het hypo fire was one of the last two to start showing signs something is wrong, he regurged a few days ago. So tonight I was watching him and he was acting odd. Then rolled himself up in a weird coil then arched his back and tried to regurge again, there is nothing in him to regurge. I picked him up and can start to see the tale tale greenish tint coming thru on his belly like the others.
Tomorrow is feed day and was going to offer him something small. The only glimmer of hope I have with hiim is he is still fiesty. Thank you again all and I am sorry I have to keep posting bad news.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #87
NonVenomous
Oh no. I'm so so sorry this is happening to you. I would be in pieces if it happened to me. :hugs:

If he passes away, throw him in a ziplock in the freezer. Hopefully we can get some supplies to you soon and get answers.

And no worries, I truly am heartbroken that this has happened to a few people and I want answers as well. Doc is local to me and would be an amazing contact to have close by, as he is selling so many good snakes right now. And I'm not going to lie, this has me a little too spooked to buy right now.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #88
crotalis40741
A member here is sending me some formulin and bottle to have on hand. She said not to freeze if I could help it but if he does pass I hope the supplies get here when he does, I didn't know not to freeze them, the lab at UK told me to. So I have two in there now, the caramel that died first I burried her not thinking that this was going to happen.
Thank you again
bob

Old 04-12-2011, 06:52 AM   #89
Susan
I'll have that jar out to you ASAP. Here is a link with some wonderful information on necropsies on herps. It gives you an outline as to what information I will need for a history. The more information provided, the better the diagnosis. If you have multiple snakes available, put them all in the jar (if they will fit and be fully covered).

As it mentions, the specimen should be refrigerated, but after 3-4 days, it will need to be frozen. Not ideal, but something that has to be done. I've been forgetting just how long your problems have been going on.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #90
crotalis40741
Just an update, the male amel is still alive and fighting. No signs in the other two girls yet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google