CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

non feeder (help)

Old 07-11-2012, 05:57 AM   #81
Kate

I am so glad he ate!!

Old 07-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #82
Nanci
Great news!! What did he finally eat??

Old 08-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #83
firfly
Well, here is the update and happy ending to this thread, my little guy has eaten successfully multiple times now. The first four times he required gecko scented pink, however the fifth feeding he actually attacked the pink befor I could release it, so I tried a non scented pink nothing so, I tried picking up with the tongs as soon as he saw the movement he was all over the pink, so the feeding problems have ended. I wanted to thank everyone who has helped me in dealing with this. I couldnt have done it with out all of your help.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #84
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by firfly View Post
Well, here is the update and happy ending to this thread, my little guy has eaten successfully multiple times now. The first four times he required gecko scented pink, however the fifth feeding he actually attacked the pink befor I could release it, so I tried a non scented pink nothing so, I tried picking up with the tongs as soon as he saw the movement he was all over the pink, so the feeding problems have ended. I wanted to thank everyone who has helped me in dealing with this. I couldnt have done it with out all of your help.
That's awesome! I'm glad your non feeder is now established!

Old 08-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #85
Aneta
Hi,I bought a corn snake on December.She was 1 year old and everything was ok till now.She don't want to eat.Last time she ate four weeks ago and she's not interested in food.She looks healthy and I didn't recognise any changes on her body.She is very lively and I don't know What to do Actually this my daughters snake and she's worry about her snake.If anyone can help me,I don't know what to do.Till last time our snake ate medium mice but now she don't want them anymore.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:57 AM   #86
bitsy
Check the temperature on the floor of the tank, on the warm side, with a digital or infra-red thermometer (not the cardboard strip or plastic dial ones, which can be 20+ degrees out either way). If they get too hot this can make them over-active and put them off their food - the wrong temps mean they can't digest properly.

I know it sounds daft, but tweaking the temperature can be the easiest quick fix for feeding problems. It's something that can either happen suddenly or gradually, so just because she's been OK in the setup since December, it still could be the root cause.

Other than that, is she due a shed? Some refuse food when they're coming up to that point and again, it's a behaviour which can pop up suddenly. The activity points to something else though, as they usually very timid and hidey during a shed.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #87
Aneta
She is after shedding , it was two weeks ago , but I'll check the temperature as you said and thank you very much for your help

Old 08-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #88
bitsy
Good luck - let us know how it goes!

Old 08-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #89
Aneta
I will )

Old 08-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #90
schnebbles
Firfly - I'm SO glad to hear this!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google