CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Broken tail

Old 01-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #21
LMS68
*Bumpety Bump Bump*

(I had just one "bump" but it was too short a message)

Old 01-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #22
LMS68
I guess I'm on my own to figure this one out? All right... (yes I did go in the search engine as well)

Old 01-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #23
gsdbecca
There is a stickie on this forum about dealing with bad or incomplete sheds.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #24
Alicia P
This thread may help http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56170

Old 01-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #25
LMS68
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I've been looking for a few days & it didn't matter what I typed in, that thread never popped up. Now let's hope I do it right & Martha cooperates. *crosses fingers*

Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 AM   #26
LMS68
Woohoo, last AB jab was tonight, we were both getting pretty good at it.

Gave her a nice 20 min soak & we didn't get a shed. The underside of her tail is looking dark IMO. She did drink a lot, which is good & we finally had a poop! And of course who has to pick it up to put in the poop jar? Mom (moi) of course! *rolls eyes We need 2 more poops...

... uhm... how often do 1yr old snakes poop? Last time she ate was 3 weeks ago. And we've offered her food twice since the "accident" & she just refuses it.

There was an odd behaviour (well for us anyways), at one point she was rubbing the underside of her throat area, side to side, on my son's arm & she was widening her cheek area. I thought maybe she was trying to get a shed going but we've never witnessed a shed. (Feeding yes but not shed) We were hoping she'd do the same thing on fabric instead of a bare arm but nope. So we put her in a different tank (our veiled chameleon's old tank. Same dimensions just twice the height.) since our darling (NOT) cat decided to jump on the tank & somehow knocked it over but we brought down the table it used to be on when she was in my son's room. I hope the height is ok until I can either get another tank or build one? I wouldn't want Martha to get hurt trying to climb the slippery walls.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
WestCoast_Redneck
Our corn is in a 75 gal tank that is approx 2ft. tall and she climbs right upto to the screen, but never seems to be a problem. She fell down once but just kept on movin'. I dont think the height is an issue

(Were still waiting for a 1st shed too)

Old 01-31-2013, 11:23 AM   #28
LMS68
It still makes me nervous when I see her go up & then "thud!" she just plops down.

If anyone is still following this thread: How often can you give them a soak? Martha's dead skin still hasn't come off despite last night's soak & light rub (she still doesn't like getting her tail touched) & I'm starting to worry. I'll try & take a photo.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #29
LMS68
*Le Bump* Thanks

Old 01-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #30
Lyion
Updates in a while please! It's a real shame it happened, but I hope things are going to get better.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google