CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Scale damage

Old 02-15-2019, 03:06 PM   #1
Corning
Scale damage

It’s dry. I am going to wait till he sheds to see if it clears up. Humidity is like 20% though so I’m working on that. None of my other snakes have any shedding issues.

His favorite hide was getting to small. I upgraded it. Hope he doesn’t have any permanent damage.

He is such a sweet boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-15-2019, 05:20 PM   #2
MysticExotics
Very pretty!
What kind of heat source do you use? Is there anything he could have damaged the scales by rubbing against?

Old 02-15-2019, 05:32 PM   #3
Corning
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
Very pretty!
What kind of heat source do you use? Is there anything he could have damaged the scales by rubbing against?

Yes he was squeezing in the cave he had and I had noticed the crease and he was long but really skinny. He plumped out in just a couple weeks and so I realized I had to put in the bigger caves when the scale creases looked deep.

I put the moistened moss in their caves when I suspect a shed so have not had any issues yet with shed. It gets really dry here in the winter. I started spritzing the cages in the morning cause 20% humidity makes my skin hurt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 02-15-2019, 06:17 PM   #4
MysticExotics
You can add an extra water bowl, for him to soak in. It may take a couple sheds, but he'll likely end up ok.

Old 02-15-2019, 06:48 PM   #5
Corning
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
You can add an extra water bowl, for him to soak in. It may take a couple sheds, but he'll likely end up ok.

Okay thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 03-17-2019, 11:10 PM   #6
Corning

Happy to report there is improvement post shed.

Old 03-17-2019, 11:14 PM   #7
Corning

It looks like he Will be back to his beautiful self with the next shed

Old 03-17-2019, 11:17 PM   #8
Corning

He comes out so white in pictures but his a pretty salmon pink with yellow on the side of him almost 1/2 way down.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google