CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

2 year old corn fasting?

Old 03-28-2019, 12:55 PM   #1
Blossom
2 year old corn fasting?

Hi, my albino corn who weighed 380 g at the beginning of March has not eaten in about a month. She/he skipped two weeks due to shedding. Then had a full, nothing stuck, shed. And refused the last two weeks. I feed her frozen thawed adult mice, thawed in a plastic cup of hot water. I dangle it for her but she has started to be scared by this so then i leave on top of one of her hides over night. I do have live mice available but I'm not sure if that would be the right thing?

Old 03-28-2019, 01:02 PM   #2
Patmart
Hi I was like you last year
I think you might have a boy
This is breeding season my male hasn’t eat for 5 weeks now and he’s out and about round his viv
Looking for a lady bless him if only he knew there is a lady above his viv
So don’t worry if it goes on over 6 weeks pop him along to the vets
Good luck
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-01-2019, 01:10 PM   #3
albinoscooby
Perfedctly normal. Males go on food strike when in heat. They'll also be a lot more active and all around the tank

Old 04-19-2019, 09:33 PM   #4
Blossom
Ok that makes sense. But how long should I wait before getting worried? He just shed again and still refused this evening. He had lost some weight when I weighed him last. Also, I had planned on upgrading him and picking up my birthday snake next week. Is this a bad idea?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google