CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

the saga continues........

Old 04-01-2006, 11:11 AM   #81
diamondlil
ok, pity party, I have to confess that lil rejecting the live pink has really shocked and depressed me. I was sure this would do the trick and I do feel a bit down. On a positive note, Calamity has been less keen in her feeding response last 2 times so I gave her a live pink, she attacked in true style and constricted like something off discovery channel.
Also a member on another forum says their corn took over a year before feeding voluntarily, so I'm not giving up hope yet.

Old 04-01-2006, 11:22 AM   #82
jenkva
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil
ok, pity party, I have to confess that lil rejecting the live pink has really shocked and depressed me. I was sure this would do the trick and I do feel a bit down. On a positive note, Calamity has been less keen in her feeding response last 2 times so I gave her a live pink, she attacked in true style and constricted like something off discovery channel.
Also a member on another forum says their corn took over a year before feeding voluntarily, so I'm not giving up hope yet.
I am so sorry, I wish there was something I could do to help you

But remember, this is not the end, there are many battles to a war!
We are here for you, just moan, rant, tell your frustration, unhappiness and what ever else you need to do to help making you feel a bit better, bring it on, we can take it!

Keep your chin up and try not to get too discouraged.

Old 04-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #83
diamondlil
Thanks Jenkva, I've had a bath and feel more human now. Last night at work spent in specialling critical patient because there wasn't a high-dependency bed available, so woke up feeling a bit flat.
Have told Lil that she can try again when the next litter comes along, not sure she was paying attention though!

Old 04-01-2006, 02:13 PM   #84
jenkva
You are very welcome. It is normal to feel that way after all the trouble you have/are going through. At least Calamity ate some of the of it
you can feed the others to your other snakes or just freeze them, at least it will not perish.
Are your mice on the "let's make more babies" already?

Keep us posted on the progress or lack of it.

I hope your night shift will be easier than the last one.

Old 04-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #85
diamondlil
not working 'til next monday, some recovery time. Only 2 pinks left, the naughty mice ate 3 on the first day, the others I will co2 and freeze when they get to hopper/ small adult size, I've got enough bought pinks, peach and fuzzies for now, and it's time to bump Butch up as he can handle 2 fuzzies for last couple of feeds. Haven't been around to see the mice getting busy but I wouldn't be surprised if the production line will be in action soon. Anyone know how long breeder mice keep producing? just planning ahead......

Old 04-10-2006, 04:25 AM   #86
diamondlil
Porky Lil weighed in at 35 grams last night! No wonder she's happy just having food squirted down her mouth

Old 04-10-2006, 06:47 AM   #87
jenkva
Hey, 35g is great, congratulations!
Next step for her after putting on weight is to eat and not being fed

Old 04-10-2006, 06:53 AM   #88
diamondlil
Well I know that, Jekva, You know that, and everyone on here knows that, the only problem is convincing Lil! I'm glad she's growing. The mouse pregnant again, so we'll try again with the next pinks. Oh the gig for my son got cancelled, the 3rd singer to pull out left not enough practice time. He's joining another band with more commited members, and starting to sing himself. New gig at end of this month, we hope.

Old 05-01-2006, 05:03 PM   #89
diamondlil
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

The mouse was pregnant, but got in from work to find 1/2 pinkie left and 2 ex-parents with blood all over their faces. Turns out my boys had tried to tame the mice by handling them more without me knowing. Stern words were spoken, I explained they can tame their pets all they want, these are meant to be happy, unstressed breeders. So mice now in my bedroom, and expecting again. Lil still getting syringed, monthly weigh in due thursday, she's shedding once a month and I'll get new pics of her to post on weighing day.

Old 05-03-2006, 11:52 AM   #90
jenkva
That's a bummer about the cannibal parents but this usually happens (as far as I know/remember from somewhere) that if you leave the male with the female once she gives birth, they eat the little ones. You might want to try putting the male in another cage when she is close to giving birth.

Please, anyone, correct me if I am wrong!

Great news that Lil is still putting on weight an is healthy.

Good luck on the next one

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google