CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

backwards scales

Old 05-17-2002, 06:56 PM   #1
Traci
Unhappy backwards scales

We just came back from the vet. Sydney had a bad shed last time and I then noticed these "wrinkles". Come to find out the scales on his sides are backwards. He told me to bump up the humidity and rub vitamin E oil on him everyother day. Has anyone had this problem before and if so what steps were taken. Also how long does it usually take to correct itself?
Thanks alot.

Old 05-17-2002, 07:39 PM   #2
kenalotia
Strange... I've never even heard of scales growing in backwards. I didn't know they could do that. Sorry I'm of no help with this issue. Maybe with the next shed the new scales will grow in the right way if all the conditions are right.

Old 05-17-2002, 10:01 PM   #3
Matt L
I have seen scales that are bent over and soft, that won't lay down--kinda like a cowlick--but only in my pythons. They usually go away after the next shed. I never new what caused them. I did have a corn snake hold onto it's eyescale once. I tried to remove it to no avail. It was gross. I thought the snake would have it for life--no infection just a large lump over 1 eye. Two sheds later it came off. No trace of anything left behind.

Old 05-18-2002, 12:44 AM   #4
Doctor Mike
Can you post a photo? I haven't read about anything quite like you describe, and can't offer any advice without getting a more accurate picture.

Best,
Doctor Mike

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google