CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

My 4 month old corn wont kill before he eats?

Old 01-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #91
DarkSmoke
no sorry, i said that when people see a mouse you hear a bunch of screaming (and by that i meant 90% of the people would be running with fear) and then somebody who's not afraid would kill it, im not good in english, but aparantly you need to learn to read.

there are animalists here who are like you and would make a fuzz out of a dying roach. in my country there is respect for animals. but that doesn;t mean we make a fuzz out of a dying mouse like you. i don't like animals dying for nothing, im one of those persons who hates people killing animal for pleasure, but a mouse is dying as food here, and there should be no regret. in most of the countries people go shoot on animals in their hunting season just for fun. thats what i call cruelity , shooting a deer or a bear for fun. say what you want about my country , but its not in my country that psychopats and serial killers killin people for fun and maniacs and hunters exist. we dont have thos problems here. neither we have problems of being afraid to run in the streets alone afraid of getting raped or shot down like a bird. and you say my country is stupid and ignorat because we kill a mouse in the street or because someone like me feeds live prey to his snake?

sorry , maybe we're not afraid of our stupid ignorant goverment baning snakes from our country like you, thats why i don't have to fear droping a live mouse in my vivarium.i don't need to look like an over reacting paranoid saddist person and feeling a heathache and start shaking for seeing a mouse being constricted by my python for 30seconds. Don't respect me for what i am if you want, but look were you live and see the problems and great stupidity you have in your own country before looking on my side. i admint that my country is not as advanced as yours, and i admit that my country doesn't have alot of inteligence when it comes to these things. fine. but if you want to start seeing which country is worst from mine and yours , you'll gonna have one hell of a list on your side.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #92
AWSneer
On the edge... hmm well Im still looking at my snake just relazing in his viv... no government here. Just because its "on the edge" doesnt mean its going to happen. Remember the hunting laws and gun laws the were "on the edge" of becomming reality? well they arent. Soo there.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #93
medusacoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSmoke View Post
no sorry, i said that when people see a mouse you hear a bunch of screaming (and by that i meant 90% of the people would be running with fear) and then somebody who's not afraid would kill it, im not good in english, but aparantly you need to learn to read.

Quote:
there are animalists here who are like you and would make a fuzz out of a dying roach. in my country there is respect for animals. but that doesn;t mean we make a fuzz out of a dying mouse like you. i don't like animals dying for nothing
Lets concentrate on the red part for a moment, please.
Quote:
im one of those persons who hates people killing animal for pleasure,
This is where you lose me. Your not for killing animals for pleasure? Then why do you feed your snakes live? Especially when there is a safe and effective alternative. Your snake will grow healthy and live long on a diet of Frozen/Thawed feeders. Lets not get confused. We both know you do it because it satisfies some need of your own.

Quote:
but a mouse is dying as food here, and there should be no regret.
Exactly why you should give it a little dignity and respect, by causing as little suffering as possible. It's a life you know!

Quote:
in most of the countries people go shoot on animals in their hunting season just for fun. thats what i call cruelity , shooting a deer or a bear for fun. say what you want about my country , but its not in my country that psychopats and serial killers killin people for fun and maniacs and hunters exist. we dont have thos problems here.
You obviously have no clue what you are talking about here. I could write up some long winded response about this, because I'm a hunter, but I will let it go based on the fact that it just baseless ignorance.

Quote:
neither we have problems of being afraid to run in the streets alone afraid of getting raped or shot down like a bird. and you say my country is stupid and ignorat because we kill a mouse in the street or because someone like me feeds live prey to his snake?

sorry , maybe we're not afraid of our stupid ignorant goverment baning snakes from our country like you, thats why i don't have to fear droping a live mouse in my vivarium.
I need to move to your country. It sounds like a complete UTOPIA! Apparently, there is no such thing as crime there!

Quote:
i don't need to look like an over reacting paranoid saddist person and feeling a heathache and start shaking for seeing a mouse being constricted by my python for 30seconds.

Don't respect me for what i am if you want, but look were you live and see the problems and great stupidity you have in your own country before looking on my side. i admint that my country is not as advanced as yours, and i admit that my country doesn't have alot of inteligence when it comes to these things. fine. but if you want to start seeing which country is worst from mine and yours , you'll gonna have one hell of a list on your side.
I'm not going to belittle you or call you names. You seem to be set in your ways, though I do not agree with them. It's not the idea that you feed your snake mice. Its the fact that you have little or no remorse or respect for other living things in this world. Something that sets us "humans" apart from other animals in this world.

As I mentioned earlier, you choose to feed your snake live to satisfy some need of your own. Captive bred animals do not enjoy the thrill of killing. They do it to survive. Sometimes at their own peril.

We, as keepers, are responsible for making sure animals that are in our keep, are kept safe and healthy. By subjecting them or the food we feed them, to unnecessary pain and suffering or leaving them open to potential injury, we are not doing our jobs. That is completely irresponsible!

I realize that no matter what I say, you are not going to change your mind. What I could suggest is that you respect the members of this forum for their beliefs and not throw it in their faces that you feed live. That you don't care that they value life of all kind and think it should be treated with a modicum of respect. Especially since you don't like the flak you are taking about this subject.

It's kind of like sticking your hand in a fire. How many times are you going to do it, before you realize your gonna get burned?

Have a good day!

Wayne

Old 01-23-2010, 11:01 PM   #94
DarkSmoke
yes , but you should learn that respect must be gained by respect. and i will never be respected as long as i feed live, so can't respect those who don't respect me. and again this is just an overeacted exegarated thing, sorry i don't see at as cruelty , but it doesn't mean i don't respect life.

and you Say you're a hunter? so thats not cruelty shooting down an animal for fun or because there is enough population so it won't be extinct? and don't tell me you kill the animals HUMANLY or without pain , your still killing for fun what makes you better then me. you just gave me a reason to ignore your ignorance. those animals are alive YOU KNOW, they could have had a whole life infront of them too .

i respect life AS IS. i love all nature and live, and part of nature will always be things die others are born. again i hate people shooting down animals for fun, or torturing animals for whatever fun they have with it. but i don't see a mouse being constricted by a snake as a cruelty but i will al ways see it as natural and i admire the way these preditors hunt and will always do and there are thousands of people like me and sorry you will never be able to change the whole world. Damn, i will soon hear of keepers injecting brocolli paste with a syring to there snakes so less harm is done or whatever.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:21 PM   #95
medusacoils
Quote:
yes , but you should learn that respect must be gained by respect. and i will never be respected as long as i feed live, so can't respect those who don't respect me. and again this is just an overeacted exegarated thing, sorry i don't see at as cruelty , but it doesn't mean i don't respect life.

and you Say you're a hunter? so thats not cruelty shooting down an animal for fun or because there is enough population so it won't be extinct? and don't tell me you kill the animals HUMANLY or without pain , your still killing for fun what makes you better then me. you just gave me a reason to ignore your ignorance. those animals are alive YOU KNOW, they could have had a whole life infront of them too .

i respect life AS IS. i love all nature and live, and part of nature will always be things die others are born. again i hate people shooting down animals for fun, or torturing animals for whatever fun they have with it. but i don't see a mouse being constricted by a snake as a cruelty but i will al ways see it as natural and i admire the way these preditors hunt and will always do and there are thousands of people like me and sorry you will never be able to change the whole world. Damn, i will soon hear of keepers injecting brocolli paste with a syring to there snakes so less harm is done or whatever.
Since you want to push the hunting issue, I guess I will have to address it.

I do not hunt because I enjoy killing. I do it because it serves many purposes. It's a safe and effective method of population control, I enjoy nature and all it provides, it provides food for my family and its a time honored tradition.

And being a hunter, I strive to make sure that if I make a kill, it's as clean and causes as little pain and stress as possible. I practice my marksmanship and make sure that when an opportunity presents itself, I'm able to make the best shot I can. That way I'm not needlessly wounding animals, prolonging their suffering and leaving them for to die at their own convenience. So far, I haven't seen a single animal I shot, suffer.

Now, I'm bothered by your claims that you value life. Especially when its very apparent that you do not. If you did, then you would treat all life with as much dignity and respect as you could. Causing one animal unnecessary suffering, isn't showing respect. It's cruel!

Let me ask you a question. Do you eat meat? Do you get it from your local grocery store? Do you realize that those packages at the grocery store contain the remnants of what used to be a living animal? Do you realize that those animals were killed, probably using a method, that was far less humane, than what a hunter will do to his quarry? And the sad part is, that method is probably far less cruel, then what you do to your feeders, when you feed live.

At least a cow, chicken or pig, isn't squished, crushed or squeezed to death. Dying slowly, feeling bones break or muscle tear, until it finally passes out from asphyxiation. A long and slow process. Ask yourself, how would you prefer to die, if given the choice?

Then do me a favor. Do not post on topics, you obviously have no clue about. Thank you!

Wayne

Old 01-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #96
carnivorouszoo
Dark, The majority of trophy hunters nowadays donate the meat from their "trophy" deer to feed the poor. That is an act of charity they also enjoy. Most hunters train in the offseason to hit the "sweetspot" that gives almost instant death. They strive to minimize any suffering. I think you are stuck in the 1800s when ignorant morons ravaged the US country side slaughtering animals for furs and tounges and such leaving corpses to rot in the sun. When one hunts for food they are not JUST hunting because they enjoy it. Dispite the world view of the US we are not swimming in food in olympic sized swimming pools on the grounds of million dollar houses here. Most hunters hunt for food for their families. Not "just for fun". Hunting Just For Fun is actually illegal because in my mind "just for fun" means you shoot the animal and move on to the next leaving the first to rot. Which is illegal.

And what the heck is the reference to Broccoli Paste??? That is just plain nuts!

Maybe we should fly you to south america and find a great big anaconda so you could be in the mouse's shoes. . .(OK I know I watch too many movies!)

Old 01-24-2010, 12:58 AM   #97
AWSneer
Quote:

Relax man Im trying to back you up. lol I hunt. I love it. There had not been one animal I havent killed in one shot tho. you might call me a sniper or a one hit wonder.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:20 AM   #98
Teddy Roosevelt
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSneer View Post
On the edge... hmm well Im still looking at my snake just relazing in his viv... no government here. Just because its "on the edge" doesnt mean its going to happen. Remember the hunting laws and gun laws the were "on the edge" of becomming reality? well they arent. Soo there.
S373 is through and awaiting a final vote on the senate floor. HR 669 is still there, kicking around. Just because no one is ripping your animal out of your hands doesn't mean things aren't being done to crash the hobby. If that's your view on every issue ("well, no one's ripping my gun out of my hands, so it must not be happening; well, my city isn't 130* and flooded, so climate change must not be happening") I fear your ability to vote, and strongly urge you not to, as you are clearly incapable of understanding the difference between present issues and future issues.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:20 AM   #99
AWSneer
Yesss! I love talking politics! Especially on a cornsnake forum! wooooo

hahaa you know what? lets try this one now... I wonder what else I can say to piss all of you off. It's suprisingly easy to do, even though I know I'm wrong (i'm not retarded thanks). I came on this forum for some extra knowledge on snakes not my morals and learning new laws. I love how you people can take a thread and totally 180 it and make it something COMPLETLY different than origional intention. Whats next? are you going to tell me that the 10 degree weather here is going to be 80 degrees this time next year? Un-ing-believable. Boy do I LOVE forums.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:23 AM   #100
AWSneer
in case you dont get the full effect: un-****ing- believable. thanks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google