CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

My 4 month old corn wont kill before he eats?

Old 01-23-2010, 02:59 AM   #71
AWSneer
hahaha thanks pepper I love popcorn. I know its a public place. I just love the attention. Im gonna go drink some more beer and ill be back.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:00 AM   #72
AWSneer
Darksmoke, hijack my threads anytime. lol

Im just being an ass.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:09 AM   #73
DarkSmoke
lofl ok cheers.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:11 AM   #74
Teddy Roosevelt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSmoke View Post
my last answer to everyone who answered agains me and i will stfu.
suddenly everyone is saying that is normal to like watching animals hunt like tigers and lions. and as pepper said it's important for people to understand that this is not terribly uncommon when it comes to people who "love" feeding live to "watch the hunt".

it doesn't make me an irrisponsible owner. im always watching closely so if any attack happens i will be there. comparing a rattlesnake poisoining a mouse to my snake constricting its mouse usually in 30seconds and a mouse being poisined and dying in pain is nonsense. yeah maybe it is a bit cruel , but life was never without pain. i don't do it to post videos on youtubes to look cool with my friends or to show off. i do it because i like the hunt and the only people who see it is me and sometimes my girlfriend. i don't find nothing wrong in it, and i don't find it cool neither. the hunt is just intresting to me and i like it , thats all. my point is that feeding live prey is bad is too much overated on this forum. i hang out on ball pythons forums and live feeders are respected their contrary to here, and here should be respected to. i don't break my mouse to an attackless state just for my enjoyment that is what i would call cruel.

and wayde, i always toke after i post , peace mate. :tokes:
It's not just rattlesnakes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oODZF...eature=related
Set your vid of your snake killing a living creature to metal music! That makes it BADASSSSSS!
Or how about these videos, from a kid who wants to buy a pet alligator illegally? http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=571678
http://www.youtube.com/user/seejay305#p/u/4/InolaVjyEVU

Life is never without pain? Maybe so, but when you're in complete control over whether an organism falls asleep and dies peacefully or whether it is crushed, terrified and losing bowel control and you choose the latter when you have other options, you're doing a disservice to that creature's life, whether you feel it's an important life or not. Just posting videos does not set these individuals very far apart from others who feed live fro some vague, imagined idea of a hunt going on, except that maybe they are exhibitionists as well as sadists. There is no hunt going on. You drop a mouse in a couple of feet of space with your snake, it sees the mouse and it kills it. That is nothing at all like a wild situation, in which your ball python likely wouldn't even recognize a mouse as food. A wild situation would be... snake picks up on a mouse's scent and either lies in wait to ambush it or follows the scent and kills it. There is unlimited space for either individual to run and escape if things go bad. It only takes a second for a mouse in an enclosed space to bite your snakes skull and kill it instantly... you're silly if you're under the impression you'll be able to intervene in every case. Live is more accepted in BP communities because they are difficult to get to eat. If BPs ate as well as corn or kingsnakes did on f/t, they would tell you the same thing.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:28 AM   #75
AWSneer
I just sharpened the spurs on my rooster... anyone wanna take him?

Old 01-23-2010, 05:04 AM   #76
DarkSmoke
well if you want to still see me as a saddist and ignorant person is up to you. we both see it from a different point of view and you should respect everyone for his own opinion. and if you're right then everyone is a saddist ignorant person , i once saw a show were they would throw a tarantulla and a centopied or scorpion in a small box and see who wans, people liked it. in asia animalls are slain without respect, that is cruelty but that still doesnt make thos people saddist or sexualy aroused or whatever other name you give live feeders, ignorent and without respect to dogs and other animals they kill just not to kill them humanly yes. but the point is you people over react too much for those 30seconds the mouse spends being constricted by a snake and i still can't understand why you dont understand this.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #77
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSmoke View Post
well if you want to still see me as a saddist and ignorant person is up to you. we both see it from a different point of view and you should respect everyone for his own opinion. and if you're right then everyone is a saddist ignorant person , i once saw a show were they would throw a tarantulla and a centopied or scorpion in a small box and see who wans, people liked it. in asia animalls are slain without respect, that is cruelty but that still doesnt make thos people saddist or sexualy aroused or whatever other name you give live feeders, ignorent and without respect to dogs and other animals they kill just not to kill them humanly yes. but the point is you people over react too much for those 30seconds the mouse spends being constricted by a snake and i still can't understand why you dont understand this.
But YOUR point of view is sick.....And I WILL NEVER respect that.

Hey everyone, apparently this person is from an unenlightened barbaric part of the world. Malta. They make excuses for their own bad behavior and poor husbandry because "in Asia its worse". Hey kiddo, just because you come from an uncivilized place does not excuse your poor husbandry. There does NOT have to be pain in the life of an animal YOU are RESPONSIBLE for, if you are a decent keeper. YOU though, are a POS keeper.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #78
Shiari
You say you're always close at hand... that won't stop your snake from losing an eye, or even getting killed.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #79
Teddy Roosevelt
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
But YOUR point of view is sick.....And I WILL NEVER respect that.

Hey everyone, apparently this person is from an unenlightened barbaric part of the world. Malta. They make excuses for their own bad behavior and poor husbandry because "in Asia its worse". Hey kiddo, just because you come from an uncivilized place does not excuse your poor husbandry. There does NOT have to be pain in the life of an animal YOU are RESPONSIBLE for, if you are a decent keeper. YOU though, are a POS keeper.
Beth, I don't think it was warranted to attack his nationality. That really has noplay in this argument... stupid is stupid is stupid in any language or color

Old 01-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #80
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Beth, I don't think it was warranted to attack his nationality. That really has noplay in this argument... stupid is stupid is stupid in any language or color
I know that Pepper. My point is that this person was raised in an atmosphere where animal cruelty is an everyday occurance. Instead of listening to us, and feeling SOME sense of responsibility for his snake or compassion for the mouse, he defends his cruelty by saying that asians are crueller.
I like to think that people can LEARN....but when raised in a place where animals have no purpose except for food or barbaric entertainment, what can we expect?

Apparently this person values watching a mouse get tortured to death more than he values his snake.
Sad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google