CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

website builder? and a few other questions

Old 02-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #1
ShowMeCorns
Smile website builder? and a few other questions

Not sure where to post this. I'm looking for an easy way or someone to build a website for my new cornsnake business. That includes making a banner and ssuch. Also do I need to register somewhere to become a breeder?

Old 02-20-2013, 01:10 AM   #2
Kokopelli
Wix.com is a popular platform... you can very easily create amazing looking sites.

Most hosts nowdays offer some sort of platform for drag&drop site building in order to be accessible to the general public. Wix's advantage is that it's flash-based, so the site looks better than most.

Try to find a photoshop savi friend in order to create a banner... some might do it for free but generally speaking, it can cost quite a bit.
With minimal learning you can create one from a photo you take.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 AM   #3
Nanci
Triple Moons Design did mine. The cost of building the website included designing a logo, design elements, etc. It is built on a Word Press platform called wpHerp that is reptile-specific. I can easily blog, add animals for sale, edit pages, etc. The web developer is always available when I need technical help.

What I didn't want was advertising all over it, for one thing. Then although I know some web design basics and HTML and have actually been paid to do that type of work, I wanted it to look professional. AND not like a cookie cutter of every other reptile site.

I had designs in mind- I had a vision of what I would like, and Stef made it come to life. The whole design process was easy and fast. I cannot recommend TMD highly enough.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
Kokopelli
What's the cost of such a service?
I couldn't see general price-list.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
ShowMeCorns
When u click on wpherp it says starting at $600

Old 11-14-2018, 10:12 AM   #6
regnar
You can create a free website using the hPage website builder but they also have a paid version which is just 4.99 a month to maintain and that already includes a top-tier domain. custom email address, upgraded business features, and more. The website designs look professional as well. No need to know how to code. It's quite easy to build a website there.

As for creating banners, you can make banners using a platform called Canva even if you don't know how to use photoshop. You can then integrate it in your business website made with hPage by attaching a photo when you make a page or blog post.

Old 01-18-2019, 02:49 PM   #7
ArnoTis
Yeah, I can understand. Internet marketing a really good thing. It helped me with advertising mine. Also if you would be going further just use website downloader. Also helped a lot.

Old 03-30-2019, 07:13 AM   #8
Alexandreq1988
Hi all. I tried to use WordPress and made some sites. But what turned out, I could not use as a site for my company. I had no desire to learn something else, and therefore I used the source where the websites are made by professionals. WordPress is a really good tool, but if it doesn’t suit you, try contacting a pro.

Old 04-28-2019, 01:06 PM   #9
silenthillreptiles
i have had success with squarespace

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google