• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

snak dont want to be touched and going inder water bowl

lanceneoman

my corn snake seems aggitated and is going under its water bowel, the skin has gone dull and out of colour and her last shed was 13 th december she has got water etc. dont know why this is happeneing and why she going under her water bowl

Young corn snakes tend to shed every month or so, give or take. Yours sounds like it's entering a shed cycle.

The call it "Blue" because most non-amelanistic snakes take on a bluish tint and their eyes glaze over in a grayish to blue haze for a period of several days. Snakes with red-eyes do the same, except it's more of a "Pink" than blue, and can be harder to notice the onset in the beginning. Then everything will clear up for a few days before they finally shed.

Your snake is extra eager to hide during this period because it's vision is obscured by the hazy eyes, which in the wild would make it easy pickins for a hunter. Some are more laid back about it, but yours seems to want to wait it out in seclusion.

At my store, all the snakes like to hide under the waterbowl. I think that may be because they don't have any hides (Yes, I've argued this point with them a hundred times, but no luck yet, UGH!) I noticed the ones that are under the bowl and not squished between the bowl and the back wall are the shedders though, don't know if it would make a difference or not...

Back