CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Can corn snakes be bored?

Old 02-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
RequiemDreamer30
Question Can corn snakes be bored?

My corn snake, Gerard, is a yearling snow. He's beautiful. Anyhow, he has a forty gallon tank, and a log, and another type thing for him to crawl through, and a branch type thing for him to climb on. He constantly is burrowing, and he is making path arounds his tank. He also just sometimes lays on the side of his tank next to my bed. He seems, I dunno, bored or something? I have time to get him out sometimes, but when I do he majorly fidgety and likes to get away, and I can understand him wanting to "explore" some, but if i pet him go around my next, he crawls down my back and slides off and I have to catch him, even if I'm sitting down.

Is there anything I can do to make his life a little, less boring? And, am I doing something wrong that makes him fidgety? I don't think there's an enviromental problem, he's a very good eater and eats what I give him, and never refuses it, so I'm just wondering. Thanks!

Old 02-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
v_various
*whacks fingers*
don't graft emotions or personalities on your snakes!
(funny coming from me, eh?)

If your snake eats fine, he isn't stressed. In fact, you're lucky you have one that is active while you're about, a good amount of corns hide all day *yes, I'm looking at you, Amel Boy*

I don't think snakes can be bored, what would he be doing differently in the wild, besides fleeing for his life from various predators? Take him out once in a while, enjoy watching him, he sounds like a good snake.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:10 PM   #3
RequiemDreamer30
Thanks!
I was just making sure I wasn't doing something wrong
:]

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google