CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

1st time owner worried

Old 12-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
BugAyedBradshaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
Usually you leave your snake alone for a week before handling or feeding. It needs to settle in. It can take months before they begin to feel safe, but you can start the handling after the week, but you do wait for 3 days after eating.

The hide, there is a log hide that has a hidden hole in it that small snakes can get into. I hope that is not the one you have. This is a thread worth reading : http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...t=hide+missing
I had this log: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...t+found+jasper

We thought we had lost our hatchling. We couldn't find him anywhere. Finally after 6 hrs of searching the house repeatedly and the tank more times than I can count, I thought to break it open. And there he was. Up in the top part where the poster from this link cut it off.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #12
BugAyedBradshaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I hate that hide with a passion! I thought I was going to have heart failure when Jasper went missing...
Sounds like there's a few of us with the same horror stories. LOL! I hate that hide too. Next time I go into the pet store, I'll recommend they not let people buy it for their snakes!

Old 12-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #13
Lt0915
Smile

Same thing happened to me a couple of hours after I bought my 3 snakes the hide is comfortable for the snake but it can scare us badly especially if u have children or other pets in the house

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google