CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

2 Corns in 1 cage?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:55 AM   #11
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSneer View Post
The reason I didnt know anything is because the snake was given to me when the previous owner realized she didnt want him... I took him knowing I always wanted a snake.
You won't be the first that has thought that......
Stick around, everything you ever wanted to know about snakes, but was afraid to ask, will be here somewhere......

Old 01-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #12
AWSneer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstphal View Post
That makes perfect sense to me. If you didn't take him, you didn't know what might happen, so you just took him & figured you'd cope.

Yea... I didnt want to see the lil guy get teken somewhere else... Corns are perfect because they dont get very big and I can keep him in a 30 gallon all his life.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
Asbit
I'll just add, I see the addiction has already started, LOL maybe someone should have warned you, it's almost impossible to own only one corn snake!!

Old 01-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #14
Teddy Roosevelt
I snuck mine home two weeks after getting my first... in a separate tank, but still... and now I'm heavily plotting ways to bring home a ball python or hognose snake. Snakes are more addicting than anyone who doesn't have them can possibly understand!

Old 01-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #15
Asbit
I told my husband that I wanted a snake, and within two weeks it was "please can I get one more" now there are 6 here, 3 others that have passed on(sickly pet store purchases) and I am still planning on more as I wish to breed.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:39 PM   #16
AWSneer
haha yea.. Im about to split the 20 gallon and have the 2 little ones in there for a year, then purchase a big 50 gallon when I have my own home.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #17
Teddy Roosevelt
That could work but I can't help but feel it'll be a tight fit especially to make an adequate cool and warm side. IIRC dividing a tank in half doesn't yield the same floorspace as a tank with half the gallonage would. IE half a 20gal would be significantly smaller than a 10gal.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:20 PM   #18
AWSneer
maybe do it longways or diagonally? hmmmmm

Old 01-19-2010, 10:28 PM   #19
Teddy Roosevelt
Longways MIGHT work but again you have the issue of floorspace. In realtor speak that kind of viv would be "cozy".

Old 01-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #20
AWSneer
hmmm.. yea, it prob wont happen

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google