• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Chicken

American Rodent or RodentPro both sell chicks and quail.
Please take note that the resulting poop is nasty.

Terri

Unless your corn snake won't eat anything else, mice are easier and all the nutrition he needs. There are a few species that need variety in their diet. Corn snakes are not one of them.

I got the chicks I need for different species snake at Layne Labs, but they seem to be seasonal and don't always have them in stock. They seem to have quail year round. I bought quail last fall and this spring.

Thank you for your replies. I will stick with mice. I thought corn snakes just needed a verity in food,this is my first snake so I’m learning.

Wouldn't a baby chicken be overly large for a cornsnake?

My girl has eaten nothing but mice since a baby, when she downed a few earthworms. Then I progressed up through the ages of mice. Now she eats 3 adult mice per feeding.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

if your corn snake is a good sized adult, it will have no problem with a baby chicken. When we say "baby chicken" we're not talking about one of those little fluffy chicks kids get at eater. Those are usually several weeks old. We are talking about a newly hatched chicken, right out of the egg. They are no bigger than a mouse.

Back