CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Happy Friday the Thirteenth!

Old 10-13-2017, 08:49 PM   #1
Rich Z
Happy Friday the Thirteenth!

Anything bad actually happen to anyone?

I got a migraine headache late yesterday, so I guess my timing was off just a tad. Kind of groggy from it today, so didn't do much beyond releasing a gray rat snake out in the national forest that I caught cruising for birds near the house yesterday evening, and going to the post office.

Well, oh yeah, did have something happen today. One of the things I picked up at the post office was a box of weatherstripping for one of the cars. It was used, but the guy selling it said they were perfect without any rips or tears. Yeah, right. I guess in a way I'm glad that the pinocchio effect isn't real, otherwise you wouldn't be able to walk in a crowd of people without getting your eyes poked out by other peoples' noses.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
Twolunger
I didn't have anything unusual myself, but my son came over to go fishing and brought his little dog so she could play with my dogs. He went to take her out of the back seat and noticed she must have been car sick, and barfed all over the seat. She appeared okay at that point so he placed her in the front seat while he cleaned up the mess. Then she barfed all over the front seat. Don't ask me why he didn't just put her on the ground. Maybe he didn't want her to get stung by fire ants.

Then a family friend came over and she received a phone call from her older brother saying that they have half-sisters that they never knew about. Their father was married years ago, got a divorce after having two daughters, married their mother and never told anyone he was previously married. He kept the secret for 50 years until his death. Our friend found out that his daughters had gone on Ancestry.com and discovered the situation. It was a shock to them, but now they will all meet and exchange stories.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
Dragonling
Nothing exciting happened. In the evening we watched The Invitation, kind of a slow-building horror film. It was pretty good.

Old 10-14-2017, 02:37 PM   #4
MysticExotics
Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Old 10-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #5
Rich Z
Speaking of horror films, the other night I happened to glance at my security camera monitor and saw what looked like rain coming down. Odd thing was that the rain was coming UP from the ground. So I watched it for a while, and yup, it was definitely coming up from the ground instead of the way rain normally "falls". So my curiosity got the better of me (it was around 2am in the morning) and I HAD to go outside to see what the heck was going on. So I grabbed my flashlight and went out the door of the house towards the garage.

After several yards, I started walking through thick fog swirling all around me. Suddenly I recalled that MANY horror movies I have seen over the years started out exactly like this. Some poor shmuck starts off the plot by walking outside to investigate a strange noise or sighting, and then after a snarl and a yelp of surprise is never seen again till someone stumbles upon the half eaten body stuffed in a cavity in a tree.

Whelp, time to head back to the house!!! Keeping a sharp eye behind me, of course.

But anyway, it was just fog swirling around and those droplets of water were triggering the IR sensors and looking much larger than they actually were.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:28 AM   #6
MysticExotics
LOL I hate it when I freak myself out doing that.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:58 AM   #7
Nanci
Well, my second replacement watch died, does that count? I'm not actually superstitious, but I still don't do anything risky, like walk under ladders, etc.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:59 PM   #8
Holly12
Same with me just a normal day! wish I was so glad of lol I don't need to have something go wrong!.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:29 PM   #9
tiffimonsta
My little Blizzard Corn came home on Friday the 13th! It was an awesome day

Old 10-17-2017, 04:31 PM   #10
tiffimonsta
Whoa sorry dunno why the picture loaded so big hahaha

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google