CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Few questions......

Old 02-08-2006, 02:17 PM   #1
angle0343
Few questions......

Ok, I see a lot of people on here that have awesome pictures of their snakes (JoeJr!!). I just had a couple of questions about my camera and how to's. I would appreciate any help I can get.
First, I got a Kodak Easyshare digi. for Christmas. Is this a crappy camera?? It wasn't cheap, but the picture quality isn't very good IMO. I know it could be me producing the bad pics, so I would appreciate any pointers on how to make them better.
Second, this has to do with the quality of pictures. I would love to get good close-up shots of my snake. When I use the zoom a little, they turn out fuzzy. And when I just get really close to my snake, they are really fuzzy (without the zoom). I just want to know a better way of getting close-ups that aren't fuzzy. Thanks!!

Old 02-08-2006, 10:24 PM   #2
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by angle0343
Ok, I see a lot of people on here that have awesome pictures of their snakes (JoeJr!!). I just had a couple of questions about my camera and how to's. I would appreciate any help I can get.
First, I got a Kodak Easyshare digi. for Christmas. Is this a crappy camera?? It wasn't cheap, but the picture quality isn't very good IMO. I know it could be me producing the bad pics, so I would appreciate any pointers on how to make them better.
Second, this has to do with the quality of pictures. I would love to get good close-up shots of my snake. When I use the zoom a little, they turn out fuzzy. And when I just get really close to my snake, they are really fuzzy (without the zoom). I just want to know a better way of getting close-ups that aren't fuzzy. Thanks!!
Angie, what model easyshare do you have? There's about 15, so it's difficult to give you any advice or tell you any opinions on the camera if we don't know the model number.

That being said, are you using your cameras macro function? It will be a little button with a flower symbol on it.

Other than using that, use as much light as possible. Try upgrading your 'photo' room to Philips Natural Light or GE Reveal light bulbs---they help tremendously.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:27 PM   #3
angle0343
Thanks for your help! It is a Kodak EasyShare C310..............does that help??

Old 02-08-2006, 11:39 PM   #4
angle0343
Oh, and I don't think my camera has a macro function. I didn't see a button with a flower on it.........................????

Old 02-08-2006, 11:48 PM   #5
KornKrazyKrissi
On my Kodak Easy Share I have a dial right in front of the shutter button. When you roll that dial, it goes through different options like automatic, sport, closeup, potrait, etc. When you get to the one you want (closeup), you press the dial down like a button and it sets to that function. I don't know if this helps or not, I may have a different model. IMHO, the picture are better, but still crappy. I can't do REALLY CLOSE closeups or scale shots. I am often jealous of other members pictures too!

Old 02-08-2006, 11:55 PM   #6
angle0343
KornKrazyKrissi: what model of easyshare do you have? I'm thinking we have different models because the only dial I have is on the top of the camera and my options after I turn the dial are : photo album, auto shooting, and movie. I just think my camera sucks!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google