CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

help with focusing

Old 04-24-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
idontknow
help with focusing

i have a Sony Cybershot DSCP100 5.1MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom. and at the last expo i went i had not very good pics as you can see(http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33322 ) so i learned that macro helps close ups but wen i use automatic and press to auto focus and set shutter speed, if the animals move it blurs. what can i do? and is there any way i can get rid of the glare thats on the display cages from the heat lamps?

Old 04-28-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
NeoDude
To stop the blur caused by the snake moving you really need to use flash so that you can, in turn, use a fast shutter speed. Anything faster than 1/60s should freeze any movement.

As for the glare from the glass you could try using a polarising filter.

Old 04-28-2006, 06:21 PM   #3
idontknow
ok thanks but i dont think i have a poloris setting on this. and i dont think i can change the shutter speed

Old 07-31-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
BOO!
I had the same problem with glare when photographing my aquarium. A few things that helped me were 1) taking angled shots so that the flash wasn't head on with the glass.
2) even better...putting the camera on something to stabalize it...a tripod or stack of books. With the flash off, I can get right up to the glass. Of course, the tank is well lit from the lights on the canopy. Maybe setting up a trouble light about the viv would shed some light for you??
3)does your camera have a 'sports' selection for speed? or a rapid burst? both those capture movement well for me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google