CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Signature area use - specifically, dragon images

Old 03-26-2009, 08:09 AM   #61
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I have no intention of doing that. Matter of fact I have been talking about expanding this site for years, but just never had the time to act on that possibility. This site is a WHOLE LOT more oriented towards general discussions then FaunaClassifieds is, so at sometime in the future, I very well may go with the flow. FaunaClassifieds can be more business oriented, and this site can be more the place for actually discussions to take place.
But just don't make this site lose that loving feeling!

Old 03-26-2009, 08:17 AM   #62
Nanci
I think if people choose to use outdated technology (dial-up) then they don't need to complain about the drawbacks of that technology.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #63
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I think if people choose to use outdated technology (dial-up) then they don't need to complain about the drawbacks of that technology.
I don't think 'people' complained..... It was Rich....

Old 03-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #64
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
OK, so the large percentage of America that lives out of the range of cable and DSL service just don't count for jack? Don't say, "But what about satellite" un til you address ALL of the NUMEROUS drawbacks to that option!"

Old 03-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #65
ghosthousecorns
I used dial up for a long time because it was less expensive. It's easy to take high speed internet for granted (and expect everyone else to have it) when YOU have the means to afford it. That does not mean everyone can.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #66
Nanci
10% of US households don't have access to highspeed Internet. Hey, I don't have DSL TV because I don't want to pay for it. If I _did_ put DSL TV as a priority, I couldn't afford as much herp stuff. If I ate filet mignon every night, I couldn't afford as much herp stuff. If I didn't buy a $250 bike trailer for my dog, and a $60 sweater from Orvis, and $35 dog food, I could put that toward DSL, but I just don't care that much about it. If you _want_ something, you find a way to get what you want. I guess if I was in the 10% that doesn't have DSL or cable Internet available, I could go to the library or any free hotspot. Anyway, there's a big difference between not available and can't/don't choose to afford.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:57 AM   #67
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUN View Post
OK, so the large percentage of America that lives out of the range of cable and DSL service just don't count for jack? Don't say, "But what about satellite" un til you address ALL of the NUMEROUS drawbacks to that option!"
It's really not a large percentage of anyone that uses dial-up. For curiosities sake I randomly selected 10 sites that I monitor stats on and the percentage of dial-up users is floating around 5% (worldwide). Cable is currently king (averaging 55%) with DSL (averaging 20%) commanding a close second.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #68
snakewispera snr
Here's an idea to kick about.....
Why not move the DYK thread to the social groups.....
When the two groups I had were running most of the people on there used them exactly the same way as DYK....
That way it would free up the boards.....
You can also run C.S. side by side (I did) and have the boards and the social group up at the same time....

Old 03-26-2009, 09:17 AM   #69
KJUN
Nanci said 10% live outside of high speed access....so that is 28 million Americans. Yep - that isn't many potential users at all!

Maybe only 5% of YOUR sites' users are on DU is because they are so slow to load that so those potential viewers go to OTHER sites that do load quicker via their server? I'm not sure your quoted statistics are meaningful. That would be like me saying 90% of Americans love snakes because 90% of my sites viewers own them! LOL.

BTW,
KJ

Old 03-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #70
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
Here's an idea to kick about.....
Why not move the DYK thread to the social groups.....
When the two groups I had were running most of the people on there used them exactly the same way as DYK....
That way it would free up the boards.....
You can also run C.S. side by side (I did) and have the boards and the social group up at the same time....
Interesting idea, Mike!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google