• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Got this in an email...

ziggybond_007

Team Laura
Signed on his 7th day in office.....

Subject: Go to the link! This is not good.
www.thefederalregister.com/d.p/2009-02-04-E9-2488

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009

President Barack Obama has signed an executive order presidential determination
Allowing hundreds of thousands of Palestinians to settle in the United States at
American taxpayers' expense.. Sure, what can go wrong when we allow hundreds
Of thousands of people who have been, as Mark Steyn memorably described,
"marinated" in a "sick death cult," who voted for Hamas, and
55% of whom support suicide bombing/murders in the United States.
By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of
$20.3 million in migration assistance to the Palestinians. Egypt won't take
Them. Jordan won't take them. Syria won't take them. Saudi Arabia
Won't take them. All of the Arab countries - every one of them - has allowed
The Palestinians to fester for over 60 years. Meanwhile, generation after
Generation have become more and more radicalized. Their lives are unproductive -
They "live" to die as martyrs - yearning for the rewards of the world
Beyond.
The "presidential determination" will allow hundreds of thousands of
Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States. The
Determination was signed on January 27 and appeared in the Federal Register on
February 4.
President Obama's decision, according to the Register, was necessitated by
"the urgent refugee and migration needs" of the "victims."
Few on Capitol Hill took note that the order provides a free ticket replete
With housing and food allowances to individuals who have displayed their
Overwhelming support of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the
Parliamentary election of January 2006.

I dunno, I just thought it was interesting. I'm not trying to attack Obama or anything... And no, Lauren, they weren't. It just so happens that my mother came over from Scotland, and you know what the U.S. government told her and my father? She would receive no aid. She was here legally, and still got no aid. Yet... I'm not going to go into it, because you probably wouldn't try to understand it.

I didn't say "don't understand me," I said "wouldn't try to understand it." She's got her own opinion, and people that have their own opinions generally don't try to see it from another angle. I know because I'm guilty of this myself.

And as I've said before, that whole thing came from an email. Nothing there was written by me. Nothing in the OP has any of my personal opinions.

And as I've said before, that whole thing came from an email. Nothing there was written by me. Nothing in the OP has any of my personal opinions.

But since you started this thread, you had the obligation to check the information (like Dburton30 did) before keeping the lies going around...

I also receive bogus e-mails like that, but instead of opening a thread to talk about it, I just reply to the sender making sure he/she is aware of the truth. :shrugs:

I'd like to know when our government is going to help the people in this country that need it. With unemployment drying up and tens of thousands without health insurance, why is it our government always sends money out of the country? My husband's work (Ryan Homes for those in MD/PA/VA - for those outside those states, BIG home builder) took away our insurance in January (not to mention he got a $1.20/hr pay cut). We qualified for government health insurance, but the waiting list is years long because of lack of funding.

As far as the OP, I don't think he was being prejudice. I don't care about legal immigrants coming into the country, but I do have a problem with them coming at the taxpayers (mine) expense. (Yes, I know it was a bogus e-mail...Just stating how I viewed the OP's post)

As far as the OP, I don't think he was being prejudice. I don't care about legal immigrants coming into the country, but I do have a problem with them coming at the taxpayers (mine) expense. (Yes, I know it was a bogus e-mail...Just stating how I viewed the OP's post)

I would agree with you 100%. What I did NOT like about the OP was the tone that it took with regards to an entire culture of people. A "sick death cult?" My, aren't we judgemental....

One could easily paint Christianity as a "sick death cult" as well... so it gets my dander up when anyone does that to other religions.

I just generally have a problem with painting people and situations with broad brushes.

And this marks Susang's return! :dancer: You've been missed, friend! Glad to see you come back with a bang! ;)

What I did NOT like about the OP was the tone that it took with regards to an entire culture of people. A "sick death cult?" My, aren't we judgemental....

He didn't write that as far as I can tell. Looks to me like a copy/paste from the e-mail he received? Maybe I missed something (wouldn't be the first time!)? :shrugs:

You're right, it was copy and pasted from an email my mom sent me. And I'm not blaming my mom that this was a bunch of crapola, because yes, I should have checked. But I didn't because she told me she checks all of this controversial stuff. Like the time she sent me some story about the swiffer wetjet killing someone's dog. The email had the snopes home link on it, so she assumed it was okay... I went and checked and it was false. Good old Mom.

She recently got in a fight at the dog park with some large, angry woman, because my sister smacked the lady's beagle, who had been humping my sister's dog every time she stopped moving for almost thirty minutes. Not like a huge smack, but just a tap and a "NO." They had been petting the two dogs, and all was fine, but the woman would never call her dogs off when they started doing that humping thing. Well, the woman freaked out and started swearing at my sister, and my mom intervened then. When the woman heard my mom's accent, she said something about "oh, you and your f**king accent! Go back to where you came from and learn American!" My mom's been in this country for longer than this girl has been alive, took the test and everything.

Even if this email isn't true, there should be something done about the welfare situation. She was legal and still wouldn't get any help from the gov't if she needed it. Just like TME's situation.

When the woman heard my mom's accent, she said something about "oh, you and your f**king accent! Go back to where you came from and learn American!"

You know what's interesting? I notice a huge difference in accents depending on what state you are in. My husbands family is from West Virginia and they have a very distinct accent compared to what I'm used to in PA/MD. I think it's silly that anyone in the US would make a backhand comment about an accent when accents can vary just from state to state.

I'm sorry to hear your mum was spoken to like that. It's disgusting.

It's fine that Ziggy didn't 'write' it, but he posted it without adding his(or her) own opinion. Without that, it's not unreasonable to assume that the post represents the posters own opinion.

Back