• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

*Graphic* Why NOT to house your snakes together.

Can I cohab my mouse and my snake? I think they are the best of friends, the snake likes to give hugs to the mouse.

In all seriousness though, this is a great thread. I think anybody asking "can I house my snakes together" should be directed to this thread.

"Oh, but they seem to get along fine so far..." What? Are you going to wait until one eats the other (or stresses the other to death) before you decide maybe it wasn't so awesome to cohab after all.

It's not a problem until it's a problem.
And better safe than sorry.

There is no [good] reason I can think of to keep snakes together, except for short periods of time when it comes time to breed.

My 0.02

guess these people didnt read this

3n63k83pb5T65P45R8a3f26671e1b55c31c49.jpg
Look at what I found on the DC craigslist...they should have read this thread!!
:uzi:

re : OMG

I have a corn and he climbs too... I guess one thing is good about this...that person won't own the snakes anymore and someone a little more snake literate will...;)

I fell on this one too! Darn old threads...lol Good one to be reopen from time to time!

Try walking around an reptile show/expo and seeing hatchlings eating one another and you know the vendor????

I saw a CL ad weeks back that offered a quite large Burmese Python (12-13ft), and a similarly larger Reticulated Python, both housed together. Shortly before that I saw an ad for a Bearded Dragon and 2 Leopard Geckos, all housed together in a feces ridden setup, with only one light that looked too high to even heat the bottom.

Some people just don't know what they are getting into when they want to have a reptile do they? I just hope if K.Rene and I can't rescue the corns, somebody good will. LOL :)

I am shocked that people own pets they only give away

I hope that someone save them, they are beautiful creatures and they deserve the best care. I only have one so far but I am looking to find more. They are so interesting. I really like this forum so many answers to some many questions. I have owned 2 lepoard geckos and they were housed together but i heard that is okay, they seemed to like it. I gave them to my friend who wanted them badly and I knew she would take care of them. I know have a dog and a 9 month old corn, which I am still learning but common sense, a few good books and sites like these are helping us out. I just love snakes and their beauty. Thanks to everyone here for the help you are providing. OH YAHH and when I get another snake, it will have it's own habitat, they deserve their own any way. The person I got my corn from told me that corn snakes can be housed together as long they are the same age, THANK GOD I DIDN"T LISTEN TO HIM! I like my snake alive and well not regured....haha Thanks again.... :nyah:

reading this post has reminded me about my local country park, they have got a 5 foot long tank with about 6 adult ball pythons and a couple of small turtles in it, talk about over crowded. i will get a pick the next time im there.

Just thought I'd bump this up, back to life. I had an interesting "debate" with some people and directed them to this thread... Not sure if they'll actually look at it or not, but I tried. Besides, it's a good thread to bring back around every now and again.

Great threat! But unfortunately there will still be people that will "not have a problem until there is a problem. I've been also feeling through all this that you "love" you snakes but will put them in harms way? Not just eating eachother but one getting sick and not knowing who until you seperate them. Just not worth it to me.

That was what I pointed out. Is it really worth the risk when it's not that hard to set up a good enclosure? A cheap tank can be found online, or you can even use tubs. But nope, they "cuddle" and "love" each other. Yah. I was actually told to find them a video of corns eating each other, because pictures can be edited. But there's nothing you can do to people who, as you put it, will not believe it's a problem until there is a problem. It's a shame for the poor snakes.

Gotta love the kid who is living with his parents and co habs so he can sneak more snakes into the house knowing his parents would not want him to have them in THEIR house.

Please check the dates before necromancing a thread that hasn't had a post in almost a year and was started in '06?

Back