CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

NOTICE!!! - Check the BOI!

Old 01-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #81
Toddsnake
Well Said Nanci !!! That is what happend to me! I lost all 4 of the snakes I bought AND the 2 snakes he sent as replacments! Doc told me no one else was having any trouble with his snakes so I felt so guilty that maybe I was doing something wrong that I told him he didn't need to refund my payment. Little did I know that I would check the BOI a few months later and find out there was LOTS of people going through the same thing I did!

Todd

Old 01-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #82
Nanci
I'm so sorry that happened to you. I hope you realize you did _nothing_ wrong. I guess if we want to continue this line of conversation further, we'd better do it on the BOI.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #83
reptiledoc
I apologized a few months ago. The title of the Thread was 'My Apologies'.
How did you not see it? The fact that you Bumped this thread exactly 1 minute after I posted my Butter Ad was definitely singling me out. The comment about the 'Locked Thread' confirmed this fact. Lets at least be honest about it. I was questioning myself during all this mess too. I paid for tests on my snakes and others as well to rule out disease. I was very relieved that disease was not the culprit. I didnt see the obvious long term Nutritional effects of skipped or missed meals on some of the snakes until Rich brought it to my attention. I never had so many hatchlings before that I was faced with this issue. I always had smooth running breeding seasons. I am not happy this happened to anyone. I should have kept any snakes that werent perfectly ok here on my end instead of trusting that they would be alright somehow. It was bad judgement. After thinning out any remaining questionable 2011 babies last fall, I sterilized everything I had including my Adult Sterlites to rule out any remote possibility of anything else before cooling down my Breeders. The yearlings and remaining hatchlings are being fed thru the winter and are doing great.
I realize that there are some who will not buy my snakes again. Sadly, I have to accept this reality but I do not want to be labeled as some monster on this site.
Again for the record, I am sorry about any of this happening. All I can do from this point forward is to try to do everything as close to perfect as possible.
Thank you for hearing me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
You hurt countless numbers of my friends, badly. You blamed them when snakes died. Snakes that had been starved to near death. All those poor hatchlings that never had a chance.

You made people who were good snake-keepers doubt their snake husbandry. _I_ am one of the ones that had to comfort the people whose snakes died, who had to try to tell them how to pick themselves up and move on. Who had to tell them how to protect the rest of their collection from God knows what. I and many other members here know way, way too much about modes of disease transmission and PCR testing and necropsies. I have spent countless hours doing research for frantic people with hatchlings dying one after another, with no way to stop the carnage.

You never even apologized, until now.

I hope you have taken a step back and re-evaluated your practices. Best of luck to you in 2012. I hope you have a season of healthy hatchlings.

Thank you for finally addressing this issue directly.

My statement still stands: check the BOI. No one person is being singled out here.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #84
Tara80
I'd like to request that you start by answering for this on the BOI if you are trying to 'make it right'.

Most of us are not easily fooled.
Actions speak louder than words. The way you handled the situation:
Denying that there was any problem, blaming it on the people purchasing from you, not stepping up to the plate to take care of this BEFORE it was pointed out and making continuous claims that "I haven't had a problem with anyone else" when you CLEARLY DID AND KNEW IT (which, I might add is a blatant and direct lie)... speaks volumes in and of itself. And you know this.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #85
crotalis40741
Hello all, I would like to ask anyone thinking of buying snakes online to check the BOI and if the person is not there ask about them. If you have questions about using the BOI, I or anyone here will help you. Just remember pretty pictures and lovely words do not always make for a good place to buy from.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #86
Christen
I just got done getting caught up on posting my BOI's for the people I have bought snakes from so I thought I would bump this as well. BOI is a great resource and I highly recommend using it before you purchase anything reptile related.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #87
yojoe05
For future reference I'm just trying to figure out how the BOI works. I don't see a search feature or is that something that pops up once you're fully registered for it? I just don't see how in the world you even begin to find information on a buyer or seller on there.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #88
Chip
It's laid out just like this forum. Search is along the top toolbar, right before "log out" and "Quick links."

Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #89
yojoe05
Thanks Chip I didn't see it there so I'm guessing the button doesn't show until my registration to the site is approved.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #90
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by yojoe05 View Post
For future reference I'm just trying to figure out how the BOI works. I don't see a search feature or is that something that pops up once you're fully registered for it? I just don't see how in the world you even begin to find information on a buyer or seller on there.
The BOI (Board of Inquiry) is a place where you can look up a breeder or potential buyer, to see if they have a track record of being good to deal with or not so good to deal with.
Not everyone has a BOI thread, so it's important that if/when you make a purchase or sell to someone, post a thread to let everyone know how the transaction went.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google