• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What are some cute things your corn does?

lol Thanks, Rufus is a gentleman. 7 years old and been with me since he was a tiny hatchling, he's my buddy.

Stig loves to stretch himself between my husband and I and then make us hug. I've been telling people that it's a true fact snakes love hugging. :p
It's hard to get pictures of him though, I was trying to get some yesterday and he just streeeeetched out and sat his face down on the camera, then proceeded to slither up onto me! He has quite the personality!

He will also sit with his head and tail out of the cave, and rest his head on his coiled tail like he's deep in thought. Mostly when my husband is playing video games or we're watching a show.

New snake Kratos. Not entirely sure if this is cute or not. He's much calmer when it comes to handling than Snake was, but he doesn't like going back into his enclosure.

If I take him out and only handle for a short while, then try to let him go back home, instead he'll cling onto my fingers, and on the occasions he does go back in with ease, it's only so he can make a mad dash escape attempt, so I have to keep the lid on hand when I do it.

Generally, even though he's a hatchling still, any handling of less than 30minutes and he doesn't want to go back. It's quite entertaining actually. Strange how different two snakes can be.

Ember is like that, too. He doesn't really want to come out of his hide, and out of his cage. We had to take his log out (that he rarely used anyway) because he would ancor down on it. But almost no matter how long he's been out, when it's time to go back in, all of a sudden it's like he has LEGS and he's using every one of them to keep from being put back in. He puts his head/neck down the back of the tank and does all sorts of tricks. It's not until I sort of shove his head into his hide that he "gets it" and then he's all about hauling tail into his hide. They are funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol love the picture of your corn peaking out of the air hole Jessica, it makes it look kind of like he's wearing a monocle.

If I sneak in on Cleo while she's exploring and she sees me, she'll bury her head in the aspen and then keep still. "Ai cants seez ou so ou cants seez mei!!!"

I recently put a loo roll into Cleo's viv and last night during the evening when she's exploring I kept sneaking into the room where she is to see what she's doing. She seemed to really enjoy slithering OVER the loo roll and back again. It was like no you're meant to go... oh nevermind.

Before leaving for work yesterday my husband told Stig that if he was still up when he got home he'd get to come out again.
Stig actually was still awake and moving around at 11pm so he got to come back out! :p Granted, it was because he had to poo, but I'm sure he still enjoyed being out of his cage for a few more minutes.

Well she wasn't on the brontosaurus but we added this to her tank for Halloween and I tore her viv apart looking for her. Then I turn around to the computer desk and I see this...I just smiled and laughed forgeting about the fact that I couldn't find her a few minutes before.

CIMG3484.jpg

So its not Rapunzel, but it seems she's got a new upstairs neighbor...this is our cat Schroedinger moving into her vivarium apparently. (Kudos to anybody who knows why he has his name)

CIMG3509.jpg

I have a little snow that crawls into my shirt pocket every time I have her out. She curls up in there and seems to be very content.

DSCN4287-2.jpg

She's been sleeping on the side door track for the past several hours. Her head is slowly sliding off!

The other day she might have fallen asleep while her head and 1/5th of her body were off the ground and she slowly tilted sideways until she almost fell over! Is this common? I only ever saw this behavior in sleepy kittens/puppies/children, so it's kinda funny seeing that a baby snake does it, too.

Right now (since she is a hatchling) when she is digesting her meal every once in a while she will pop her little head out of her tree stump (hide) but once she knows you are watching her, in she goes again. Oh and who can forget this little peek-a-boo

Slide1.jpg

Back